Alternative to driver genius?

kobe

Hi,

Im looking for a free alternative to driver genius. Something that I can keep in my usb, plug it, search for drivers, install and unplug. I have tried several ones but none of them convince me. Could you help me?

Thanks

Well, whatever program one may suggest, it might result as being one among the ones you tested and you were not convinced about.

Maybe you could list the several ones you tried and that did not convince you explaining why they didn't or list what in driver genius specifically is superior to the other ones or which features you actually want/need.

http://alternativeto.net/software/driver-genius/?license=free

jaclaz

• 2 weeks later...

I find that driver genius has a very simple and clear UI and I really like this thing in programs. Also it has a clean feature for old drivers. I tried slim drivers, driver booster, driver talent, driver pack and something else I cant remember.

Slim drivers has too much advertising and its ui is confusing, not user friendly and, idk, not very professional for me. I think that the product is at the same level of the ui, as an overall thought. Driver talent doesnt let you install drivers if you dont buy it, rendering it pretty much useless, and making in portable is a pain too since it installs services even if you only start the main .exe. Driver pack is full of s***. Its so d*** automatic that it doesnt let you choose and install winrar, opera, etc and when its finished then it lets you "choose".

Until now driver booster seems the way to go. The free version lets you to autoinstall the drivers and update them but it seems that the download speed is capped.

I am actually willing to pay for a program, the problem is that these ones have lcenses which limit the usage on a number of pcs and that goes against my needs which is to plug an usb, install/update drivers, unplug usb. Also a portable version would be wonderful. I know i can make it portable by copying the program files but if the dev could ensure that its a portable version and that it will work, that would be perfect.

Edited by kobe