Are you going to upgrade to Windows 10 before July, 29?

Stefan43

Hi everyone,

we have a great topic on this forum, with information about how we can avoid being upgraded to Windows 10. But the deadline is getting closer, so are you going to make use of the free upgrade to Windows 10 before the deadline, or are you going to stay with your current OS?

Sorry for my bad English!

For me, i stay on Windows 8.1.

Actually, Windows 10 is horrible, i can't work on this OS because we are limited by Microsoft.

Updates after updates this OS become more and more unusable.

So for me i don't plan to downgrade to this crap of Windows 10.

883746mypc.jpg

I just updated my 5 machines to Win10 this month (just in case), activated them and then go back to previous system image (Win7 and some of them dual boot with XP). Win Update is deactivated and the service is disabled since August 2015, when just stoped looking for and blocking the malware updates every month, none of the malware updates are instaled, machines are going to stay this way for as log as possible.

Just updating regularly Acrobat reader, Flash Player, Java, VLC media player, FireFox, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free and Avast Free.

Skype, Facebook and Google Crome are not installed, for searching the web I use Ixquick or DuckDuckGo.

I make new backup images about every 2 months. All machines have a dedicated partition (for documents, programs and games) in order to reduce size of backup images, just imaging Windows partitions and Boot partitions. Also I have a copy of all my documents, programs and games on USB external HDD's. All internal and external HDD's are MBR partitioned to let me have a grub4dos boot option in Windows boot manager or directly instaled to MBR (external HDD's) in order to boot several Iso images located on a folder on my documents partition to avoid the need of a CD, DVD or USB stick or HDD just to load the recovery and backup utilities, Isos boot faster boot from intrernal HDD's (never the less I do have this option too).

Scanning once a week using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware one week and Avast next week, and not a single problem until now.

alacran

Edited by alacran
Typo

No thanks, Bob 10 is a piece of garbage. I prefer XP, then Windows 7, then 8.1 and then 10. I can't use XP now on modern hardware but I can definitely use Windows 7 and Bob 8.1 (with MANY third party fixes to make it like Windows 7) for a long long long long time so I see no reason to downgrade the PC to Windows 10.

Edited by xpclient

I have 3 machines on Windows 10, a games beast with Occulus Rift, a Enterprise machine for testing and an ordinary untouched (apart from the phone home stuff) machine so when updates do arrive I can analyse them before I wipe out my games box with ill advised updates (windows update service is turned off on the games box). Then I have 3 windows 7 machines doing different jobs - one backup server, one media server and a standby windows production box. But I use an i-Mac these days since 10 came along with a win7 virtual machine running in it for actual work.

So....................

Yes and no I guess.

I don't actually mind Windows 10 that much it is all the faffing about with sacrificial boxes required to run one games machine with a degree of confidence that I find irritating, bottom line is I can't trust Windows 10 and Microsoft because they have made control so tedious I can't be bothered any more. I am buying Apples as stuff wears out not replacing Windows boxes though I will keep a games machine on the latest Microsoft OS. But I am not upgrading work machines to 10 they will be replaced by i-Macs - after nigh on 20 years using Microsoft for business I find that really sad in a way.

nope! proud to say none of my systems have purposely or accidentally upgraded  migrated to Windows 10. On a random note this week I have talked to several friends that got migrated via Windows update and they don't like W10, however, they just don't care enough to down grade even when I offer to do it for them for free. I find it odd they are willing to just put up with something that they do not like and find harder to use. 

That's why this new MS strategy (= shoving Win 10 up people's machines) is better for MS than any other: once it's there, it's incredible how many people'll prefer to just leave it alone, even it they don't like it, so long as they don't hate it with a passion... and then MS's 10 adoption numbers grow fatter and fatter! :wacko:

I currently have no need of Windows 10 for anything. Before building my new computer, I had checked and there was no games that absolutely required Windows 10 or DX12. Also, I am not a fan of doing in-place upgrades on OSes. They always seem to be a headache in one way or another.

As soon as I get a PC up-and-running to "upgrade" (to get it logged) and then "reinstall" not-WinX then yeah. Otherwise, HE$$ NAW!!! AFAICT, I'm good until 2020. Then I'll start using Linux. ;)

I'll stay with Windows 8 as far as I use my current laptop. I upgraded to Windows 8.1 twice and returned to Windows 8 because I didn't like what I saw - many features removed and a lot of problems and bugs. As for Windows 10 I prefer staying away from their spying as far as I can - until I have to buy a new laptop at least. As for my Pentium III old desktop with Windows XP it doesn't support Windows 10 anyway.