WindowsUpdateAgent 7.6.7600.320

bookie32

Hi guys...

I am having quite a lot of problems with this update...

I have a new laptop to a customer and that has Windows 7 Pro...All I have done so far is start the computer, add user details and nothing more...

I always update the computers I build or buy before handing them over to the customer...

As soon as this laptop was started I searched for updates and the above update agent was installed....

I have had this computer searching for hours and hours and it hasn't come with any updates...?!!

I have had another computer that has been reset to factory settings and has had the above update installed and nothing is happening...

I have read so many threads on this problem update...just wondered if someone can give me the right solution to my problem

bookie32

You're lacking an Update that you MANUALLY download and install. I'm quoting myself (from another thread) since I've yet to figure this new board out.

HTH (P.S. ALWAYS manually install WUA-related Updates before even DREAMING of going to Windows Updates).

Scroll down to the quoted thread/post...

As far as you "takes forever to update" Several basic files installed after Clean will cure that. I start with the v320 of Windows Update Agent and then install KB3102810 fix. Others recommend two additional ones.

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/175491-clean-install-win-7-home-premium-now-cant-get-win-update-to-work-runs-long-long-time-stuck/

Also read this (link to WUA v320) - Happy Bunny Sophy -
http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/175482-windows-7-activationwindows-updates/

Edited by submix8c

Thanks submix8c!

Yes, I agree about the updates...but there is so much crap now it is hard to keep on top of these things....;)

I do thank you for your time!

bookie

P.S. I recognised this update from a list I downloaded before and this first one behaves just the same KB3102810 it searches for updates and searches, and searches... Microsoft couldn't organise a p***up in a brewerey............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

problem is that they don't give a d*** anymore
yes they are obliged to make patches till 2019/2020 ?
but that doesn't mean win7 is their priority, as far as legality goes they can push 1 hotfix per year

so yeah...