Laptops in Ancient Greece, Now an iPhone in 1670 !!!

Monroe

All these new ideas of today seem to be "old history" ... an iPhone in a painting from 1670 ... pictures at the link.

Ye Olde iPhone spotted in 346-year-old painting by Apple CEO Tim Cook

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/iphone-painting-1670-apple-ceo-tim-cook

Apple launched the iPhone in 2007, but it was actually invented in 1670. Maybe.

Tim Cook, the CEO of Apple, says he saw an iPhone in a 346-year-old painting, contradicting everything we thought we knew about the history of the smartphone.

Cook’s comments came during an interview at Startup Fest Europe in Amsterdam. The CEO was describing a visit to the Rijksmuseum the night before, where he was accompanied by Neelie Kroes, the European Commission for Digital Agenda. During the interview, Kroes asked Tim where the iPhone was actually invented, to which Tim Cook replied:

“You know, I thought I knew until last night. Last night, Neelie took me over to look at some Rembrandt, and in one of the paintings I was so shocked. There was an iPhone in one of the paintings.”

... pictures at the link.

Well the answer could be quite simple really ... no one else had one. Not much good if you have the only iPhone in 1670 !

Also, often things are "forgotten" until rediscovered again in the future. Look at Antonio Vivaldi's wonderful music ... after he died in 1741, his music was mostly forgotten until 1926 and the 1950's.

It's always been very hard to understand how something like that could happen ... so all through the 1800s ... I guess no one heard any of Vivaldi's music. If it had been played anywhere ... you would think some interest would have surfaced.

http://blog.adw.org/2016/05/some-things-you-may-not-know-about-vivaldi/

Some Things You May Not Know About Vivaldi

Msgr. Charles Pope • May 3, 2016

"5. Vivaldi’s works all but disappeared after his death in 1741 and were not heard regularly or known widely again until the 1950s! In this sense he was an “opaque luminary.” (This expression refers to a person who shines brightly in his own time but is largely forgotten after death.) From his death until 1950, the name Antonio Vivaldi was largely unknown.

6. Vivaldi’s works began to come back to light beginning in 1926. It was at this time that the Salesian Fathers, wishing to sell a large number of old volumes in their archive, invited Dr. Alberto Gentili, professor of music history at the National Library of Turin, to assess their value. Many of the 97 volumes in the archive contained Vivaldi manuscripts. And thus Vivaldi music reappeared on the landscape. Although the Second World War slowed the process of compiling and collecting the full library of Vivaldi music from other sources, the hunt was on! In 1951, concertgoers in England were among the first to hear this newly rediscovered baroque master. Since then, Vivaldi has assumed his place alongside Bach and Handel, and is considered by most to be their equal. With them, he paved the way to Mozart."

There is more interesting reading at the link.