what are the options for an unattended w/patches Win7 install?

I'm aware of the Convenience Rollup Package - and it's not working for me and I cannot diagnose why it wont. So i'm back to square one unless I misunderstood the purpose of the CRP.

I would like to build a single offline-only Windows 7 install disc or USB key that I can use on multiple computers (ie not tied to one serial number, I might need to punch in that unique to each system preferably at the beginning not something like 90 minutes in randomly the way it used to be, but then have it be hands free until complete) to put down a desired configuration. Which right now would basically be of course the basic OS, SP1, all security patches up to current (from an updated list/ie i'd keep adding in new patches relevant as they come out) and NOT any of the forced updating to windows 10 type crap which seems to automatically worm it's way in to an attempted single win 7 install disc that I borrowed from work previously. (at a small computer shop, their install disc just using my own private bought keys as I have several)

Ideally i'd even be able to include certain drivers perhaps or other auto installed software, like a chosen antivirus, but most important is the core OS and the required updates and no windows 10.

However I have no idea how to do any of this and no experience doing it in the past. :-P I'm sure this board already has multiple ways to do this but i'm not sure which is the best, or which is more suitable for different purposes. Could someone give me pointers or a quick overview of what the different options for this are? Ie what other posts I should read to learn about Method A, Method B, Method C? If the information applies to all windows versions and not just 7 that's even better - though at the moment i'm just trying to build a Windows 7 install. I know I could learn more searching myself over a few days of research but my main computer imploded and I literally am borrowing a friends computer to post - I only have a phone to browse right now so finding info at home is a bit of a PITA. :-P So yes I was hoping someone could give a little handhold/easy canned answers to what I want to do, so I can go and build an install image at my friends house maybe in a day or two and then get my own system back up with less hassle. If I wanted to build the install disc anyways now is as good as ever so I figured i'd just ask before even bothering to reinstall first.

Thanks for followups in advance...

this is most EASY to do with rt7lite, it supports both 32bit and 64bit versions of win7 sp1
tho people spit on this proggy so much, it is by far STILL the easiest and best to use

and ofcorse it offers integration of drivers, hotfixes, manual registry scripts, bat/cmd scripts
and at the end, it offers you to either choose which SKU to rebuild (just Pro for example) or ALL versions
then it gives you to either make, bootable ISO, bootable USB, or direct burn to DVD

you can do this within few minutes if youre not into deep removing of sys files

3 hours ago, hifidelitygaming said:

a power user build

What's that? This isn't XP, ya know.

Forget the Convenience Pack and integrate all current Post-SP1 Fixes/Patches. That "pack" is still in review here on MSFN (AFAICT) and elsewhere.

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?p=17170435

These links may or may not help (wonko=jaclaz, BTW).

http://reboot.pro/topic/21121-convenience-rollup-update-for-windows-7-sp1/

Beyond that... What "alternatives" are you in search of? :unsure: There's RT7Lite, NTLite, and the MS way (using their tools). Not really sure I understand...

Well I just haven't used it yet so I don't know what it can or cant do.  And it's called the "easy" way to do it, so are there any harder but more powerful versions out there.  :- P

Like one specific example - can I make it auto block windows 10 crap at the end of everything else, and how do I set it up to do that.  Because right now (was possibly hoping to tell work to use this) leaving an unattended PC to auto update apparently leads to a windows 10 screen or wastes of data auto downloading 10 or something auto clicking itself to update after all the work trying to make a best windows 7 install coming back the next morning.  (I haven't been working on that lately so I don't know what they mean, just sharing what others said at work)

Edited by hifidelitygaming

Stupid edit not working.  I just mean if other people "spit on this program" why is that, it sounds like there's some problem I might want to be aware of before I commit to learning to use it is all or considering if there are other tools...

they spit on it coz author/developer hasn't done any updates since "beta 2" version
and truely no updates are needed... but people are always moody when there isn't something "latest"

as for blocking win10, thats why you download updates manualy and integrate them
there is list which ones are defective so you rule them out

as for "best" version, it is "Ultimate" as it was with Vista, so is with win7