Fantasy Fudge didn't harden!!! HELP!

I have a problem! I tried to make fantasy fudge (Used 1 cup less sugar than said and White Chocolate instead).

Well, my mother kept telling me to turn the stove off because the mixture of butter, evaporated milk, and sugar would apparently "burn" (Oh darn it mother, I shouldn't have listened to you). Is anyone here good with fudge!?

帮忙我!!!

17 minutes ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

(Used 1 cup less sugar than said and White Chocolate instead)

Two mistakes right there.

It's the sugar that coagulates into the fudge. The chocolate is for the flavor.

White chocolate is different than brown chocolate and requires a different amount in the mixture (or more/less sugar).

Now, STIR, STIR, STIR!!! Let sit until cool enough to refrigerate (or eat right away).

Additionally, find a recipe that involves the ingredients you wish to use, otherwise you're experimenting and may/may not get the result you wish.

Lastly, listen to Mom. Moms are *always* right. ;)

2 hours ago, submix8c said:

Two mistakes right there.

It's the sugar that coagulates into the fudge. The chocolate is for the flavor.

White chocolate is different than brown chocolate and requires a different amount in the mixture (or more/less sugar).

Now, STIR, STIR, STIR!!! Let sit until cool enough to refrigerate (or eat right away).

Additionally, find a recipe that involves the ingredients you wish to use, otherwise you're experimenting and may/may not get the result you wish.

Lastly, listen to Mom. Moms are *always* right. ;)

I know that sugar is the most important part of fudge, but won't the mixture still form the crystals to make fudge if heated at the right temperature? This recipe seems to be rather flexible and it still uses marshmallow cream...Many reviews cut the sugar and it was still fine...

My mother wouldn't let me boil the mixture to softball stage and she's never made fudge once before... :( (I did use a candy thermometer in case if you thought otherwise)

Well, oddly the fudge set properly despite being below the softball stage...how very odd...

Mother thinks the fudge is better than the store bought brands :)
Can't wait to share some with my irl friends ^_^

Well thanks for the tips!