Weird USB Problem + 4 GB Patch Gone

cc333

14 hours ago, Login said:

No it can't. It is also written in fix128 chm ("up to 64 for XP").

Check the patched kernel files. They will be the same (same bytes patched). And that's the only interesting thing for me. <_<

Sorry I confused Fix128 with My own patch.

One thing more, Soon you guys going to have a 128Gb Ram Patch.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I just thought I'd bring this up again, as I noticed something strange. On this same computer (2008 Mac Pro), the same thing happened under Windows 7 with 100% official updates (the mouse cursor froze). However, it recovered after I left it in standby for a few minutes. This suggests that it may be a hardware issue of some kind.

I wonder if XP would've done the same? If/when I get around to reinstalling it, I'll have to give that a try.

Thanks,

c

OK, I've instead reinstalled XP on a *different* Mac Pro I just bought (an Early 2009, also with 32 GB of RAM), and so far, so good.

I extracted PatchPAE3.exe from the fix128 installer, and then patched the relevant files (ntkrnlpa.exe and hal.dll) manually bypassing the Russian GUI. And it worked! Sorta....

I can see and use all 32 GB's of my RAM, but now, for some strange reason, video is very sluggish and choppy, as if the drivers aren't loaded (yet they are, as the video card is properly listed in Device Manager with no errors). Just for fun, I thought maybe I'd try installing the 32-bit Windows 7 driver from the Microsoft Update Catalog, as maybe there is a bug in the XP version of the driver that was subsequently fixed in the 7 version. If it doesn't work, I can always roll back to the current (apparently broken) XP driver. I'll try also looking for the official AMD/ATI drivers to see if that helps.

In the meantime, any thoughts as to why this would happen, and/or possible solutions?

c

On 7/10/2016 at 2:12 AM, cc333 said:

OK, I've instead reinstalled XP on a *different* Mac Pro I just bought (an Early 2009, also with 32 GB of RAM), and so far, so good.

I extracted PatchPAE3.exe from the fix128 installer, and then patched the relevant files (ntkrnlpa.exe and hal.dll) manually bypassing the Russian GUI. And it worked! Sorta....

I can see and use all 32 GB's of my RAM, but now, for some strange reason, video is very sluggish and choppy, as if the drivers aren't loaded (yet they are, as the video card is properly listed in Device Manager with no errors). Just for fun, I thought maybe I'd try installing the 32-bit Windows 7 driver from the Microsoft Update Catalog, as maybe there is a bug in the XP version of the driver that was subsequently fixed in the 7 version. If it doesn't work, I can always roll back to the current (apparently broken) XP driver. I'll try also looking for the official AMD/ATI drivers to see if that helps.

In the meantime, any thoughts as to why this would happen, and/or possible solutions?

c

Lol Please check event logs.

Update catalyst driver

Try running Driverpack Solution Lite online version ( It will update your all driver)

1 hour ago, Dibya said:

Lol Please check event logs.

Event logs?

1 hour ago, Dibya said:

Update catalyst driver

I did that, and it seemed to help *slightly*, but it's still problematic.

1 hour ago, Dibya said:

Try running Driverpack Solution Lite online version ( It will update your all driver)

I'll give that a try... after I figure out why I got a BSoD which reads "PAGE FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA". (I can still use the standard unpatched kernel, so I'll go ahead and do this anyway w/o the PAE patch).

c

Edited by cc333

OK, I got past the BSoD; apparently, I need /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN in boot.ini, or else it'll crash with that error.

Nothing new with the choppiness, though after installing Classic Theme Restorer and enabling hardware acceleration in Firefox, it seems to be manageable (IE is a mess, though, but that's unimportant since I hardly ever use it for anything other than Windows Update).

I've looked at the system event logs, and I didn't find anything that seemed like it was related to the GPU. One notable thing, though, is that the hibernate function is gone. Everything else seems normal.

It's OK for now, but I'd still like to fix it eventually.

c