Sponsor member group changed to Subscriber

Dave-H

I seem to have been reverted to just being a "subscriber" to the forum when I was a "sponsor" before, and presumably actually still am!
Also my forum settings are set to automatically "follow" any threads that I post in, but I wasn't getting any e-mails about new posts in this thread, and I've now had to subscribe to it manually, so it looks as if that facility isn't working now either!
How strange that the new forum software, although it took a bit of getting used to, did work reasonably well for ages, but now seems to be all going wrong!
:lol:

I split this to a new thread. I can confirm that the member group previously called Sponsor is now called Subscriber. Also, the levels of Sponsor group are gone as well.

The amount of members in the current 'Subscriber' group does not appear to be correct. If you know anyone who was a Sponsor previously and now has a regular member group title previously, post it in this thread.

Update: @submix8c is still a Gold Patron. And I can see the Patron group also, I must have missed it before (it is a different color to me). I think it was previously set up in levels, where your contibution amount would set which group you would be in. We will wait to find out if this is due to one of the original tier groups having been renamed in an update, which might be what happened.

That explains it, although I have to say that "subscriber" just sounds like you're a normal forum member, not someone who's contributing money.
I used to like the flashy banner with the dollar sign on it, it made me feel important (isn't that really sad :lol:?)!
:)

9 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

The amount of members in the current 'Subscriber' group does not appear to be correct. If you know anyone who was a Sponsor previously and now has a regular member group title previously, post it in this thread.

monroe seems to be the case: member badge and the donnor "$" ???     :wacko:

look:

Clip1.gif

Dave-H ... I just stumbled onto this thread and about the missing Donor badges. I didn't realize they were gone for some people ... since they seem to have some value, I have decided to put mine up for sale on eBay !

Of course I have to do this before xper gets everything fixed.

Thanks, yes it is, although I'm still seeing the word "REQUIRED" in red capital letters above it, which presumably shouldn't be there.
The edit field is then a bit slow to appear, but at least it now does!
:thumbup

OK. So you're now seeing it behave just as it is behaving for myself.
I see the "REQUIRED", too... but, then again, it's harmless: better not try to fix what is working, you know! :)

3 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Thanks, yes it is, although I'm still seeing the word "REQUIRED" in red capital letters above it, which presumably shouldn't be there.

Fixed with workaround.

Thanks @xper.
At least it's working again, and in fact I just edited this, and "REQUIRED" seems to have now gone!
:thumbup

Edited by Dave-H