Broadcom 4313gn Wireless Adapter not working?

FantasyAcquiesce

I'm trying to install Windows XP on a low-end 2011/2012 (Or maybe even 2013) HP laptop. Oddly I'm not given the specific model...all I know it that its 2000. The laptop comes with 4gb ram, an AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics @ 1.30GHz. Its a dual core. (Despite being very low end)

I tend to install my drivers using an offline driverpack and things seemed to go better than last time...I didn't get a message telling me that an entry point wasn't found for the wireless driver, but I may have gotten a message saying to insert a disk??? (I accidentally inserted a wrong disk, don't ask how! I accidentally inserted my Windows ME disc instead of XP...)

Everything is working fine but the Broadcom 4313gn wireless adapter. My laptop can find wireless networks just fine, but cannot connect! I have Windows XP SP3! Stupid Windows XP keeps reinstalling the driver after I uninstall it everytime!!!

I do not want to use Windows Vista or later because the CPU usage is at least 30% on idle!!! Over 50% on Windows 7!!! I do not wanna try Windows 10!

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

I had exactly the same problem with my Lenovo laptop. One day it stopped connecting to the wireless networks it could (barely) detect. I sent it for service and had the wireless network card changed, it cost me about 150 euros and nothing changed. Luckily I found a guy who explained to me that in fact the cables of the laptop's Wi-Fi antenna were to be blamed and the only thing that I could do is using a USB Wi-Fi adapter, which I did (that's how I'm connected to internet right now). Have a look in the device manager: if the wireless card is reported to be working OK then you probably have the same problem with me. You can also try to set your laptop very close to the wireless router and if the cables are the problem it will connect to the internet and work normally (the cables/Wi-Fi antenna aren't necessary for very small distances). If this is the case just buy a cheap USB wireless adapter and do your job with it as I did.

4 hours ago, HarryTri said:

I had exactly the same problem with my Lenovo laptop. One day it stopped connecting to the wireless networks it could (barely) detect. I sent it for service and had the wireless network card changed, it cost me about 150 euros and nothing changed. Luckily I found a guy who explained to me that in fact the cables of the laptop's Wi-Fi antenna were to be blamed and the only thing that I could do is using a USB Wi-Fi adapter, which I did (that's how I'm connected to internet right now). Have a look in the device manager: if the wireless card is reported to be working OK then you probably have the same problem with me. You can also try to set your laptop very close to the wireless router and if the cables are the problem it will connect to the internet and work normally (the cables/Wi-Fi antenna aren't necessary for very small distances). If this is the case just buy a cheap USB wireless adapter and do your job with it as I did.

I don't think this applies to my situation...wireless properly worked using vista and 7 on the same laptop...

5 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

I don't think this applies to my situation...wireless properly worked using vista and 7 on the same laptop...

Seems to be driver related problem

Try updating Driver

20 minutes ago, Dibya said:

Seems to be driver related problem

Try updating Driver

Windows XP oddly says its working properly. I installed SP4 after seeing SP3 does not give me an option in my router's properties. I'm given an option to change the code or switch to open, shared, wpa, and wpa-psk, but not wpa2??? I tried searching an I can't seem to find it...

9 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

Windows XP oddly says its working properly. I installed SP4 after seeing SP3 does not give me an option in my router's properties. I'm given an option to change the code or switch to open, shared, wpa, and wpa-psk, but not wpa2??? I tried searching an I can't seem to find it...

ANyway i use WIfi with WPA2 in my laptop (Compaq620) running SP3 with all updates anyway i think it is a kind of weired problem.

Try Visiting windows update site once , choose express then custom , then goto hardware section install if any driver update available

Or Try Running this little app :: http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/DriverPack-Solution-Lite.shtml

Note: Please uncheck the recommended programs you want DriverPack Solution Online not to deploy before hitting the 'Install' button.

Edited by Dibya

"Doesn't give me an option in my router's properties" doesn't make sense. The Router is an independent piece of hardware/software.

I searched for that Wireless model and found this right away. You really shouldn't depend on XP to give the proper Driver. I have a D-Link USB and it will *not* work without the correct driver. Go here, read, download, install, and see if it "fits".

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Broadcom-4313-drivers-for-Windows-XP/td-p/2942675

Edited by submix8c
YAY! Edit worked (then again I'm now on FF v46)!

15 minutes ago, submix8c said:

"Doesn't give me an option in my router's properties" doesn't make sense. The Router is an independent piece of hardware/software.

I searched for that Wireless model and found this right away. You really shouldn't depend on XP to give the proper Driver. I have a D-Link USB and it will *not* work without the correct driver. Go here, read, download, install, and see if it "fits".

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Broadcom-4313-drivers-for-Windows-XP/td-p/2942675

When I click on the answer link the page I receive says

Capture.PNG

I also tried internet archive and the page wasn't archived...

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

Well this is a very odd case...apparently either Windows XP SP3 somehow didn't have WPA2 or my card just somehow doesn't support it despite having WPA2 on Vista and later...
I tried changing my router settings and it worked...but that's not what I'm looking for! Biongo wireless had WPA2 and solved my issue!

Well the solution: Download Biongo Wireless Utility for Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP or any wireless client with WPA2 support!

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

On Τρίτη, 31 Μαΐου 2016 at 2:39 AM, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

Oh, I thought that it was out of use until now, obviously I misunderstood.