Screen has random blackouts (close to a fix)

Fido-X

I disabled AC97 audio in BIOS. And put that combined audio and modem PCI card. It's Riptide from manufacturer Conexant. Driver: "Riptide North American driver update: Audio 2.12.01.2156 / Modem 2.2.2.164.015 Resolves Music Match Eject issue, Milleniun compatibility, and improved V90 fallback" - that's what driver setup says. Now i remember why i put it away in some box. It's because when it's installed, every time a keyboard key is pressed or mouse moved i hear buzzing noise and cracking from desktop speakers and / or headphones. So now i'm rewarded with cracking, buzz noise and random blackouts - just had a blackout. (That combined card was tested on 3 motherboards with that driver and always makes noise.)

I downloaded and installed (with KernelEx) AW EDID Editor v01.02.06 it installed successfully, however it's not working. The errors: Window 1: "C:\Program Files\ANALOG WAY\AW EDID Editor\AWEDIDEditor.exe

A device attached to the system is not functioning."

Window 2: "Error Starting Program

The ICUUC53.DLL file is linked to missing export KERNEL32.DLL:GetGeoInfoA."

The 2 errors always come together. Tried Windows xp and Vista mode in KernelEx.

Anyone got a Windows 98 SE driver for Samsung Sync Master 753S? Maybe that will solve this.

Edited by Fido-X

Riptides were commonly used in HP OEM machines. You may or may not have a good driver for it, noting that several variations of Riptide existed. (Note - I have one or two of them myself.) They're not really that good. And that buzzing/crackling sound like it may be kaput, i.e. the outputs are bad and/or simply extremely dirty (riptides are old).

submix8c, do you have Conexant (Riptide) combined card Audio & Modem or Audio only (i don't know if Conexant made audio only cards)? If Hewlet Packard installed combined audio & modem cards, no suprise there, they know what's cheaper for them. If you give it volume near or maximum, can you constantly hear something (buzz noise)? Did you solve any Riptide problem?

Alright it seems that DRWATSON just captured another error:

"NVIDIA Compatible Windows 95/98 Display driver, Version 45.23 attempted to access memory that does not exist.

Module Name: nvdisp.drv

Version:4.14.10.4523"

But for almost 2 days i had no errors of any kind. The only thing that was different was that both USB ports on motherboard were taken at the boot time. I'm gonna plug those again to see if it fixes anything.