How different are 64 and 32bit?

shorterxp

Is it possible to create 64bit version of from an existing 32bit nlite without having to start over? i.e. just patch the 32bit install?

Maybe vain in hoping it just being a few filesystem files edits here and there and that the existing 32bit registry entries can still be applied to a 64bit install.

What's your thoughts?

If You mean XP SP3 x86 (32-bit) in comparison with the XP SP2 x64 (64-bit) then it is impossible. These are completely different operating systems: XP SP3 x86 is NT5.1 (XP kernel) while XP SP2 x64 is NT5.2 (Windows Server 2003 x64 kernel). You should perform a full reinstall.

Ok thanks...

There's alot of "junk" from original SP3 Disc... is the server a 'minimal' XP or will it require same amount of stripping i.e. will server require the same TLC?

I'm interested in 64 bit version now for RAM capablity... I lost the 'last session' for the XP 32 SP3 disc. Did lots of trial and error and arrived to perfect light disc after about a YEAR lol, but could not possibly remember the settings etc exactly for a 64 bit. I really wish I went down 64bit road from the start! I would like a slim version of XP with networking and sound, is there a source for other people's images I wonder?

Thanks again team

XP x64 is a subset of Server2k3 x64, the same as the 32-bit variation, so no, you're understanding is backwards. This is the case for all Server products - always "more", not "less".

As for a "slim version image" somewhere, no, and even if there were we aren't allowed to link to it.

Start from unaltered and nLite/slim it as you wish. Here's a link to a big list of post-sp2 fixes, disregarding "removal" of components (in which you're on your own) -