W3SVC System warning messages - am I being hacked?

glnz

I don't think that your issue is caused by the USN Journal, the actual cause of the issue in that case is (on a Server) a too intense file activity, which I doubt is happening on your PC.

Try changing permissions to the C:\palm directory (as a test, that should be the "least important" one) to have Everyone allowed full control.

Take note of current permissions so that you will be able to re-apply them later.

See if the 4118 error is recreated with a new scan for that folder.

It is possible also that *something* in the contents of the folder creates the issue, hard to say without examining the system.

It is also possible that the current catalog is somehow defective and cannot be updated, if this is the case, most probably the only way out could be that of disabling/uninstalling the indexing service, remove the catalog and then re-install/re-scan, but cannot say.

jaclaz

11 minutes ago, jaclaz said:

It is also possible that the current catalog is somehow defective and cannot be updated, if this is the case, most probably the only way out could be that of disabling/uninstalling the indexing service, remove the catalog and then re-install/re-scan, but cannot say.

Hmmm.  Sounds familiar, somehow.

On 7/17/2016 at 0:04 PM, bphlpt said:

If you really feel that using the MS Indexing Service is necessary for you, I'd be tempted to completely remove the Indexing Service, then be sure you have cleaned out any remnants of IIS, then reinstall the Indexing Service and let it re-Index everything.

:)

I hope the issues are not drastic enough to require this, but...

Cheers and Regards