USB Back to School Sale Going On

Monroe

Like I posted the last few years ... Walmart again has 16 GB flash drives for $4.97 ... same price as last year and before ... except two years ago the flash drives were 8 GB.

The flash drives are SanDisk, as they have always been ... but this year there is a nice "twist" ... there are different colors ... pink, blue and green.

I like that ... one color for videos, one for music and one for something else. Easier to keep things in order. I don't know if all Walmarts have this exact same offer or the colors but my local Walmart does. I loaded up ... they never seem to add more flash drives to the bin ... once they're gone ... they're gone. At least it's been like that in the past.

If you remember from last year and before ... the SanDisk drives were always one color ... red.

Still a good deal.

That's a really good deal. I might buy a few if I get down to my Walmart and they have that going on. Even with internet storage (which I don't utilize anyway), I still like having local copies of my stuff so in case the internet were to go down or something. Flash drives are still very handy, especially for people like me who work on other peoples computers.

Yes ... you are right the little drives come in handy for many things. When I bought some 16 GB drives last summer, I started using them more for storage and have been burning less DVDs. One drive is equal to roughly 3 1/2 DVDs. Of course, there's always the chance that a flash drive will go bad and everything is lost ... just have to take a chance on that.

This is the same drive at Amazon but it's the old red-black drive from last year. I don't see the colors for sale yet at Amazon.

SanDisk Cruzer Blade CZ50 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive

Price:$4.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Frustration-Free-Packaging--SDCZ50-016G-AFFP/dp/B007KFAFZ8/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1468092130&sr=8-9&keywords=16+gb+flash+drives

Also, a nice way to keep these flash drives in some sort of order ... I bought these little round labels at Walmart for color coding a few months ago. The price was around $1.88 and there are 475 small round labels in the colors of pink, yellow, orange and green.

I just put 1, 2 , 3 on the dot labels and have some sort of idea of older stored items and newer items. However, with these new colored flash drives ... just the numbers on the dot labels will be all that will be needed.

I put .avi stuff on one color, .mp4 on another color ... many nice ways to work with these new color drives or older drives from last year.

Avery Removable Color Coding Labels, 0.25 Inches, Assorted, Round, Pack of 768

Price:$2.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49.

https://www.amazon.com/Avery-Removable-Coding-Labels-Assorted/dp/B000BMBU9M

... as I said earlier, the Walmart package is also Avery but 475 count ... and $1.88, as I remember. That's a lot of dot labels and they are easy to remove ... won't ruin the flash drive , if you change everything down the road.

Thought maybe this might be helpful to some people.

... added: I just looked further down the Amazon page of the Avery labels and this is what I got at Walmart. I thought I paid less than $2 ... these packs are $4.84 ... I didn't pay that much.

Avery Round Color Coding Labels, 0.25 Inch Diameter, Assorted Removable, Pack of 475

Price:$4.84 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49

https://www.amazon.com/Avery-Diameter-Assorted-Removable-06720/dp/B004INFQMM/ref=pd_sim_229_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51kFD3SmANL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&psc=1&refRID=BZD1RBG9VGBBCVEXHJ6A

added: One more thing ... these "Back-to-School" bins should be right after you enter Walmart ... they are usually there in July, August and part of September or till everything sells ... glue, paper, pens and flash drives.

Edited by monroe

Hi ... not sure if you can find any back-school-sales in India but I see there are Walmarts scattered around ... maybe at least 21 stores.

Walmart opens 21st wholesale store in India

The new 60,000 sq. ft store in Agra will operate under the newly adopted Best Price wholesale model

Wed, Aug 12 2015

http://www.livemint.com/Industry/9RkRvYt1asgVRSI6a2belJ/Walmart-opens-21st-wholesale-store-in-India.html

New Delhi: Walmart India Pvt. Ltd, the wholly owned subsidiary of Wal-Mart Stores Inc., on Wednesday opened its 21st cash-and-carry outlet in the country.

The new 60,000 sq. ft store in Agra, which is the second in the city and fourth in Uttar Pradesh, will operate under the newly adopted Best Price wholesale model that is connected to Walmart’s online platform. Walmart India’s outlets are spread across nine states.

The retailer has said it will open about 500 outlets in the next 10-15 years in the country. It has already invested about Rs.2,000 crore. In June 2014, the parent announced plans to invest about Rs.623 crore in India, according to Walmart India’s filings with the Registrar of Companies (RoC).

“Our Best Price store will also help our kirana members and others to efficiently manage their inventory and lower their operational costs. We will continue to invest in the supply chain infrastructure and supplier development, focusing on the growth of small and medium manufacturers, helping our farmer suppliers grow,” said Krish Iyer, president and chief executive officer, Walmart India.

Rival Metro Cash and Carry India Pvt. Ltd, which has 17 stores, last year announced that it will open 50 stores in the country by 2020. Its German parent Metro AG had, in March this year, announced a possible investment of Rs.400 crore in India, according to its RoC filing.

Reliance Industries Ltd, the only other player in the organised wholesale business, has 45 outlets. Carrefour SA shut down all its five stores in India last year.

Not sure what seller you are talking about ... those SanDisk $4.99 - 16 GB flash drives in that link are sold by Amazon itself and it has International Shipping ... but maybe not for flash drives, not sure.

SanDisk Cruzer Blade CZ50 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive

Price:$4.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Frustration-Free-Packaging--SDCZ50-016G-AFFP/dp/B007KFAFZ8/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1468092130&sr=8-9&keywords=16+gb+flash+drives

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com

"If the item you purchase is not eligible for Express shipping options, we also offer Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery via standard shipping or international shipping when applicable as long as the item is shipped by Amazon."

Maybe some private sellers don't wish to ship to India ... I could not find any actual Walmart ads from India ... maybe they have some sales at the stores.