Windows 8.1 2 in 1 Tablet tied to unused Hotmail account whose password is forgotten?

crashnburn4u

Windows 8.1 2 in 1 Tablet tied to unused Hotmail account whose password is forgotten? 

I have some old family folks who did not realize they created this, then they lent the machine to another old family member and now nobody remembers this password and this Outlook/ Hotmail account was never used by them. 

Apparently it was created by them when they went through the OOBE fresh machine process scenario. 

I am doing some major tech house cleaning for them. 

I doubt if we can do a reset via MS/ Hotmail and get a new password as we do not really have access to the Hotmail account as it was never used by anyone. 

Any other ideas on bypassing this, using some Boot CD to get through this? 

• 1 month later...

Surely it might help the guys that sell PC-unlocker and possibly the "Alfred Smith" that managed to register the domain/site chntpw.com (as well as some 100 other domains more or less related to password recovery), which is clearly made to get hits from people looking for the (Freeware) chntpw, which site is actually here:

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

and then induce people to go to another site to buy another tool.

Curiously enough, in the XML's on the affiliate program for "top-password" the Author of the programs is listed as "Alfred Smith", I like coincidences ;)

BTW I have no idea if that "top-password" software generically is worth their price and specifically whether "PC-unlocker" is actually worth 19.95 US$ (maybe it is) but surely it is a sneaky way :w00t::ph34r: to get some traffic/download and possibly sell the software.

jaclaz

• 3 weeks later...