Regarding all these "Aero glass does not know... DWM (0x8)."

I'm getting this too, after installing Aero Glass on Win 10, version 1151, build 10568.494. I also don't want to install anything extra to replace these files, and I don't enjoy the idea that this would have to be done each next time Microsoft updates Windows.

Is it not possible for the Aero Glass install to install these automatically during its own install process?

Btw, I'd love to see Aero Glass team up with Startisback++, to create an all-in-one application that restores all these positive classic Windows features, sort of like how Winaerotweaker is an all-in-one tool for many different types of Windows tweaking.

Thanks for developing Aero Glass. Windows 10 is much more satisfying an environment because of it.

Edited by Delicieuxz

Aero Glass automatically tries to download required symbol files if donation key is present in Aero Glass folder. However, as someone already stated in this forum, Microsoft servers sometimes fail and symbols downloading does not work correctly (not only in Aero Glass but it does not work regardless the used way). If this happen, I recomment to delete download.error file in Symbols folder and just try again.

Anyway, code 0x8 is not important - it only means that inactive frames colorization will not work, but Aero Glass effect itself is not affected at all.

Thanks for that information, bigmuscle.

I think it would be great if the needed symbol files were packaged with the Aero Glass installer. Also, it would be safer to do that, than to rely on Microsoft to always have the needed symbol files available to be downloaded.

Edited by Delicieuxz

5 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

I think it would be great if the needed symbol files were packaged with the Aero Glass installer. Also, it would be safer to do that, than to rely on Microsoft to always have the needed symbol files available to be downloaded.

True. The only problem is that it would also be in violation of MS license and, hence, could get bigmuscle in trouble, in case he did so. So it's not at all possible. It would also violate MSFN Rule #1.b ...