The worst video game ending ever

Luxion

With the release of the game "Inside" by the creators of Limbo, a lot of people have been talking about it. Specifically, they've been talking about the ending and how terrible they think it is, ruining what was, apparently, an otherwise flawless game.

And that got me thinking. I've seen a lot of games that have put people off simply because they didn't manage to hold to their high standards by the end, leaving players disappointed. So, what I'd like to know is this. What, in your view, is the absolute worst ending of any game you have ever played?

Well, had played tons of games with no ending or simple high score or "congratulations" screen. And I'm not a plot tourist - played hundreds of games, and in most cases, I found plot to be a crap (even in titles commonly praised for good story).

Yet if speaking of really, really bad ending, that was so bad that it drilled thru my mind, I must place 'Vivisector - Beast Within' on the top place. Simple shooter whit wanna-be philosophical plot, that I didn't care about, but during outro they got to so high level of abstraction and absurd, that made me thinking how dumb can one get when trying to get clever (or at least look like he is).

I have a hard time decided which to say... Also I don't beat a lot of games or end up playing games with no actual ending. One I can think of would have been Fallout 3, which had an ending and you couldn't keep playing afterwards. That was fixed later on.