Modern Windows XP Laptop

Windows 2000

Since I have a terrible need of an new laptop, I was wondering if there's a possibility that I can buy an modern laptop and install Windows XP x64 on it.

For now, I've found one that has all the drivers, but the only thing that I seem to have trouble to find drivers for is the Nvidia Geforce 940M.

Any drivers for Nvidia Geforce 940M?

For now, I've only found a couple, which I hope someone can try? (They will work with all 400M Series, 500M Series, 600M Series, 700M Series, 800M Series and 900M Series according to the site(s) ):

http://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/17682/

http://www.driveridentifier.com/scan/nvidia-geforce-940m/download/299210351/B4D96C2E76D245D3A58E8C6F1A073528/PCI\VEN_10DE%26DEV_1347%26SUBSYS_100D1025

Edited by Windows 2000

2 minutes ago, Windows 2000 said:

I hope that someone reading this topic can try it... :unsure:

Well, post the EXACT make/model of the "modern" laptop you found (the one you completely failed to specify), if someone has EXACTLY the same make model AND he/she runs XP 64 bit AND he/she has a working driver he/she might post the EXACT version of the driver that work on it.

jaclaz

7 minutes ago, jaclaz said:

Well, post the EXACT make/model of the "modern" laptop you found (the one you completely failed to specify), if someone has EXACTLY the same make model AND he/she runs XP 64 bit AND he/she has a working driver he/she might post the EXACT version of the driver that work on it.

jaclaz

As much as I am aware, this laptop has all the drivers, except for the video but anyways, that's it: HP Pavilion 15 AB011

I didn't really want to share laptop, since I am not sure if I am going to buy the same laptop, but I am thinking to buy a laptop with similar video card.

Edited by Windows 2000

22 minutes ago, Windows 2000 said:

As much as I am aware, this laptop has all the drivers, except for the video but anyways, that's it: HP Pavilion 15 AB011

I didn't really want to share laptop, since I am not sure if I am going to buy the same laptop, but I am thinking to buy a laptop with similar video card.

Well, laptops are "bad beasts" when it comes to drivers, there is no way to know if another (similar) laptop with a similar video card will work, or viceversa, even if we have an actual, proper, valid report that it is working, nothing really says that is working on your laptop, unless it is EXACTLY the same make and model (and even then a seemingly minor thing such as a different BIOS revision or amount of RAM in a same make/model may make the difference between working or not working).

jaclaz