Does wmic command show *all* installed updates?

Nomen

I'm comparing 2 installation images of Win-7 Ultimate SP1 x86 prepared by RT7.  The difference between them should be 28 KB's (I integrated 28 KB's into the first image to create the second image).  After performing trial installs using both images, I ran the wmic command to get a list of installed kb's for both images.  None of the 28 kb's that were integrated into the second image were listed as being present in the first image according to wmic.   But the second image, once it was installed and running, was showing only 15 additional kb's, not 28.

So either:

Win-7 has some ability to "de-install" or cancel some KB's at run-time that it determines it shouldn't have or has been superceeded by another KB that it has, or

RT7 has some ability to know during kb integration which KB's should or shouldn't be integrated, or

wmic does not show all installed KB's.

The wmic command that I ran was wmic qfe list brief /format:texttablewsys > c:\updates.txt

And I'm not dealing with the conveinence roll-up during these tests.

The sysinfo command says "Hotfix(s): 540 Hotfix(s) Installed" which matches the number I get with wmic.  However, sysinfo starts to list the hotfixes by kb number, and gets to [242] which it partially prints out the kb number, and then ends the KB list output and then gives the network card info.  Does the sysinfo command have a limit when printing the kb list?

One other strange thing between the 2 install images:  Image-1 has 525 KB's, Image-2 has 540.  That's a difference of 15.  But in reality, there are 3 KB's in Image-1 that are not present in Image-2.  So of the 28 KB's that I added to Image-1 to create Image-2, 18 of them are showing up when Image-2 is installed.  525 + 18 - 3 = 540.

Edited by Nomen

RT7 is now giving me the "Please select a valid Windows 7 operating system" error after I point it to several of my various install images.  Even a "virgin" set of technet installation files.  There is pretty much nothing on the net I can find about why RT7 puts up that message or how to fix it.