Experimental builds

16 hours ago, NoelC said:

InvicTech, I know your question is to Big Muscle, but I have a suggestion: 

Try installing Classic Shell.  It facilitates adding blur to Taskbar and Notifications panel...

ClassicShellOnWin10.png

-Noel

Thanks for informing me about this, but I was already aware of this option. In the past at least I found this solution to be pretty useless, as the coloration and saturation of the blur was never quite the same (different color for windows and taskbar and start menu...). But please correct me if I'm wrong and it change since then ;D

Ps: I love the look of my bugged old version of aero glass as it makes the taskbar using the same blur^^ 

I saw a screen painting glitch...  Note the lower-right edge of the Notepad window...  It would change when I would type characters.

AGGlitch.png

I can easily reproduce this with Notepad sized as above and typing enough lines into it to be working near the bottom.

I specifically reproduced it by opening a new Notepad window and at exactly 11:22:00 a glitch showed up.

AGGlitch2.png

Doesn't look like anything specific was written to the debug.log at exactly the time of the glitch.

[2016-08-17 09:41:38][0x3C0:0x178] Allocating blur buffer 1920 x 1152 [pixelFormat: 87, 3]  (D2D 0x000001F4EDE3AD20)
[2016-08-17 11:19:34][0x3C0:0x3C4] Message 0xC1C4, wparam = 0, lparam = 0
[2016-08-17 11:19:45][0x3C0:0x3C4] Message 0xC1DE, wparam = 269484032, lparam = 1
[2016-08-17 11:19:45][0x3C0:0x3C4] Message 0xC1DE, wparam = 269484032, lparam = 2
[2016-08-17 11:19:47][0x3C0:0x3C4] Message 0xC1E3, wparam = 0, lparam = 0
[2016-08-17 11:22:06][0x3C0:0x3C4] Message 0xC239, wparam = 2, lparam = 0

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

5 hours ago, InvicTech said:

Thanks for informing me about this, but I was already aware of this option. In the past at least I found this solution to be pretty useless, as the coloration and saturation of the blur was never quite the same (different color for windows and taskbar and start menu...). But please correct me if I'm wrong and it change since then ;D

Ps: I love the look of my bugged old version of aero glass as it makes the taskbar using the same blur^^ 

I agree that *perfectly* integrated looking is best, but you might be hoping for a bit too much integration at this stage.  This is, after all, Windows 10 we're talking about.

I worked a while to get the Start menu color (configurable in Classic Shell's Settings, Menu Look tab) to more or less match the Taskbar and active window border color (configurable in the old C:\Windows\System32\control.exe /NAME Microsoft.Personalization /PAGE pageColorization control panel applet) and title blur radius (configurable in the AeroGlassGUI.exe tool) to match the blur of the Taskbar and Notifications panel.  It's not a perfect match but at least it's not utterly offensive to the eye.

-Noel

1 hour ago, NoelC said:

I saw a screen painting glitch...  Note the lower-right edge of the Notepad window...  It would change when I would type characters.

AGGlitch.png

I can easily reproduce this with Notepad sized as above and typing enough lines into it to be working near the bottom.

I specifically reproduced it by opening a new Notepad window and at exactly 11:22:00 a glitch showed up.

AGGlitch2.png

Doesn't look like anything specific was written to the debug.log at exactly the time of the glitch.

[2016-08-17 09:41:38][0x3C0:0x178] Allocating blur buffer 1920 x 1152 [pixelFormat: 87, 3]  (D2D 0x000001F4EDE3AD20)
[2016-08-17 11:19:34][0x3C0:0x3C4] Message 0xC1C4, wparam = 0, lparam = 0
[2016-08-17 11:19:45][0x3C0:0x3C4] Message 0xC1DE, wparam = 269484032, lparam = 1
[2016-08-17 11:19:45][0x3C0:0x3C4] Message 0xC1DE, wparam = 269484032, lparam = 2
[2016-08-17 11:19:47][0x3C0:0x3C4] Message 0xC1E3, wparam = 0, lparam = 0
[2016-08-17 11:22:06][0x3C0:0x3C4] Message 0xC239, wparam = 2, lparam = 0

-Noel

Regarding your lack of transparency, I found a way to make the transparency better though Big Muscle seems to be ignoring it, as you can see I have perfect colorization and transparency and this is using the old Aero Glass but without the glitchy blur.

2016-08-18_030204.png

Thanks, but I find I need the blur to make the window titles readable.  I actually like the titles.

I am imagining that Big Muscle could separate the blur amount into a separate setting and just ignore what the system is doing with it.

-Noel

On 15. 8. 2016 at 5:56 PM, NoelC said:

Aero Glass doesn't seem to want to auto start on bootup/logon.

The Task Scheduler entry is in there, but apparently starting it before logon just isn't working.  No dialog is popped-up.  If I stop the Aerohost entry and start it again after logon, the Aero Glass effects start.

I finally found a cause for this problem. It will be fixed in next build.

On 15. 8. 2016 at 8:56 PM, UCyborg said:

With auto-colorization of frames according to desktop background color enabled, the colors also come back when the background changes in addition to when UAC dialog pops up. So there's no workaround for this issue ATM? I'd also like to know, where exactly in registry are those settings related to transparency?

Unfortunately, this bug is not AeroGlass related. It appears without it. I found that it replaces ColorizationColor with AccentColor randomly. The only possible workaround (from my side) would be to create separate registry settings for transparency.

23 hours ago, InvicTech said:

Will you implement a taskbar option in the new version of aero glass? It looks way better having the same style for windowsframes and the taskbar (blur effect on taskbar, just like this screenshot in version 1.4.5)

Nope, it is not task for my Aero Glass.

2 hours ago, NoelC said:

AGGlitch.png

I'm aware of random glitches but they are very rare so it is hard to find the problem. It would be nice to track the exact steps to reproduce the problem.

I did provide that, but to make it even more clear here's what I'd try if I were you:

1. Use your AeroGlassGUI tool to invoke my RoundedCornersNoExtraColor.png theme atlas.

2.  Open the above image in a viewer at 100% size.

3.  Open Notepad and position it exactly over the top to get the same size.

4.  Type in 10 lines of text.

5.  Note while typing the 9th, 10th or 11th lines that the glitch occurs at the lower-right edge like I showed above.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Absolute screen position doesn't seem to matter, but here's where it is on a 1920 x 1200 display:

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/14393/NotepadToReproduce.jpg

Here are the Window metrics I use to make the title bars the size they are.

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/14393/SetWindowMetrics.reg

Here are the AeroGlassGUI settings:

GUI1.png

GUI2.png

GUI3.png

GUI4.png

-Noel

Stopped working in the latest Windows 10 Build 14905 Insider Preview, it tries to start after install then stops and debug window closes, the old 1.4.5 version still works though.

6 hours ago, NoelC said:

Why would you think you could run Aero Glass for Win 8+ on an insider preview build?  :rolleyes:

-Noel

You never know until you try.  The greatest successes are preceded by countless failures. :)

13 hours ago, bigmuscle said:

Nope, it is not task for my Aero Glass.

Why not? I know that I'm not a developer and I don't know how much work it'd be for you to hardcode the taskbar blur option...but I think everyone agrees that this would be a much appreciated feature for future versions.

Ps: I already got a somewhat working taskbar blur with only using the 1.4.5 version of aero glass...not classic shell or any similar tool.

AeroGlassStillWorking.JPG