Experimental builds

These builds are not intended for normal usage, they are just builds of my current working state. They may or may not work. They may contain features which may or may not be pushed in the final release.

If you don't know how to install it then do NOT ask, because these builds are intended for very advanced users only which should already be familiar with the installation procedure.

These are DEBUG builds only, they display watermark, they display debugging console and they display debug warning on startup. They may require debugging symbols for proper function. Do NOT use them if you do NOT want this or you cannot accept that these builds are experimental only.

------

Build #631, 64 bit
Designed for Windows 10 build 14393
The main intention of this build is to test stability and various multi-monitor setups.

Build #639, 64 bit
Fixed DLL injection when system boots up too fast
Fixed optimization of dirty regions
Changed the way how it deals with colorization settings:
* AccentColor (DWORD 0xFFBBGGRR) - color of active window frame
* AccentColorInactive (DWORD 0xFFBBGGRR) - color of inactive window frame
* GlassOpacity (DWORD, default: 68) - amount of glass opacity (0-100) or amount of blur blend with the background (10-100, see following settings)
* EnableBlurBlend (DWORD 0 or 1) - 0 (default) means that blurred background is just overlaid with the AccentColor using the specified opacity; 1 means that the AccentColor is blended together with the background color using the specified opacity (the main difference is just the formula for putting blur and AccentColor together)

Old ColorizationXXX settings values are ignored, because Win10 build 14393 always reset them to default under certain circumstances.
There still can appear some random rare glitches.

Build #652, 64 bit
Fixed optimization of overlapped dirty regions
Fixed data sharing between more drawings in one pass
Includes new experimental ModernFrame.dll

Build #668, 64 bit
Fixed occlusion management for overlapped dirty regions

Build #669 - Pre-release, 64 bit
Same as #668 but compiled as release build
Requires sign in to your profile

http://glass8.eu/beta

Edited by bigmuscle

Seems to be a problem if you have blur set to 0, if it's 1 or higher it's fine but if set to 0 there is a lot of artefacts, this is only seen when using dark themes and black glass enhanced to make the windows transparent.

2eob3uh.jpg

Edited by MrGRiM

OK another thing I am seeing is really messed up windows border colors, I can set border colors perfectly without aeroglass and with 1.4.5 but this new build is just messed up, also a trick I used to get the transparency slider working also effects the border colors on this build.

No Glass

2m455k7.jpg

Old 1.4.5 with Transparency slider

ka3bz9.jpg

New build default

2nhgsir.jpg

New build with Transparency slider

fksheg.jpg

As you can see the borders are not being colored correctly at all on the new build.

Just installed RS1 on top of TH2. Before upgrading, copypasted over the old files the new experimental version. No transparency at all. If i did smth wrong, do advise people.

OH, i see, i should only use the experimental files. I'll try that.

Edited by Klamatiel

From the download page

!!! DO NOT USE WIN8.1 INSTALLER FOR THIS DEBUG VERSION !!!

!!! DO NOT INJECT DWMGLASS.DLL VIA OLD APPINIT_DLLS REGISTRY KEY !!!

In other words the old method is not working and therefore shouldn't be used. You can still start it manually if you go into the task scheduler and tell it to run though.

Well, tried some custom setings, they are applied. Haven't restarted yet.
Oh, and apps are not transparent. I'll restart now to see how it goes.

After restarting, my custom thingies seem to stick, apps are not transparent. All in all, i could live a few weeks like this, so thanks BM for the new build. I was expecting this particulary, i held off upgrade specifically for this.

Edited by Klamatiel

9 hours ago, MrGRiM said:

As you can see the borders are not being colored correctly at all on the new build.

I'm aware of this. However, there is nothing to do, because this seems to be change/bug in RS1. The slider just does not change the registry values as before.
I also noticed interesting thing - if you open some app with admin rights (= UAC box displays), the transparency will return to normal. But this is nothing I could change.

20 hours ago, bigmuscle said:

Build #631, 64 bit
The main intention of this build is to test stability and various multi-monitor setups.

http://glass8.eu/win_future.html

Awesome!

Looks pretty nice here.  It integrates nicely with the Taskbar and Notifications pane blur that Classic Shell provides.

AGonWin10Anniversary.png

The only glitch I have been able to identify is that the Notifications panel, when pulled out, puts a border on the edge but doesn't blur it.  I know that this is not at all your problem, Big Muscle, but the way Windows paints that pane.

ActionCenterDoesntBlurEdge.png

Also, I just noticed...  It doesn't appear necessary to use UxThemeSignatureBypass to get light text on ribbon-enabled windows, though I suspect it will be a little better integrated if it is used.  Some experimentation is apparently in order.  Should we still expect that the old UxThemeSignatureBypass trick will work?

For those who like my RoundedCorners theme atlas, I've updated the .layout file.  You can find an updated copy here that works with build 14393:

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/14393/RoundedCorners.zip

Lastly, are you planning to update AeroGlassGUI.exe, Big Muscle?  That would be very cool.

-Noel

9 hours ago, bigmuscle said:

I'm aware of this. However, there is nothing to do, because this seems to be change/bug in RS1. The slider just does not change the registry values as before.
I also noticed interesting thing - if you open some app with admin rights (= UAC box displays), the transparency will return to normal. But this is nothing I could change.

I don't see how this could be a change/bug in RS1 considering the previous 1.4.5 build colors the windows fine and exactly the way it was on TH2, the only problem I was able to observe on the older build on RS1 was it's inability to use the new symbols and artefacts when blur was enabled.

As for the slider registry values, I was able to correct this problem by adding a couple of registry entries.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization]
"PersonalColors_Background"="#000000"
"PersonalColors_Accent"="#"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization]
"PersonalColors_Background"="#000000"
"PersonalColors_Accent"="#"

This was an old group policy that you can still change but it is no longer fully supported and the accent color setting doesn't change to the value you set, it does however change the color of the tiles to whatever color you chose in settings and then allows you to go to the old personalization color and use the slider and colors to change the border color and transparency.

2016-08-16_012132.png

2016-08-16_012646.png

Now if I am able to do this with the old build then surely it's possible to do it in the new build, to me the old build seems way less broken then this new build, also maybe you can find out exactly why this triggers the slider registry values to be respected by enabling this group policy and add it to aeroglass, or maybe your just not up to the task any more or have lost interest in supporting this project and have decided to take the "it's good enough" approach.