FFAStrans and Format Factory backported to XP !!!

FranceBB

Hi!

I found a very nice program which creates watchfolders and automatically transcode videos. You can choose indexers and filters to achieve good quality results.

This program is called "FFAStrans" and it uses avisynth as frameserver and various codecs to encode (FFMpeg, x264, x265, NeroAAC etc).

The problem was that some of them were not compatible with XP, so I re-compiled them all to get them working in XP and I decided to release it here.

The program itself is free and it has not been modified in any way as it's basically a GUI to create watchfolders, I just re-compiled the codecs, so no copyright infringment at all.

This is just a very simple operation which any of you can do, but it's always easier and faster to get everything done rather than re-compile everything yourself, don't you think?

Well, that said, link below, have fun!

https://mega.nz/#!uFERGAra!JV18Nq8L-ZY8PKQ4Zoi3wZs3IUb-b5Rjo5MOjdmDvww

password: Itadakimasu0

FFAStrans comes with all the licenses already, I haven't checked your download but you would need to make sure yours has those as well. Is there a reason why you have not posted this to their forum? It may be something that they are interested in as well.

20 hours ago, HarryTri said:

What about Format Factory?

Done in about... 5 min? xD It was super-fast xD I replaced encoders like ffmpeg and mencoder, then I replaced mediainfo as well and I managed to make Format Factory working in XP, as you asked! :D

Btw, I don't actually use Formact Factory, so I tested a few random audio and video encoding in H.264, xvid, AAC, AC3 and AMR and they worked.

link and images below:

psw: Itadakimasu0

https://mega.nz/#!mU0m0aLC!zz6JumB7N2-UIIoFENZ8SFKBfputXTzQIrdHuuFedmc

@Tripredacus... they know that it doesn't work in XP, as I asked them about Windows Server 2003 compatibility a while ago and they told me that they never tested it on Win Server 2003/XP and that they don't officially support that either; in other words, they simply don't care about whether it works on XP or not, as such an OS is not in their target user range.

1.JPG

2.JPG

On Τρίτη, 23 Αυγούστου 2016 at 8:06 PM, FranceBB said:

I replaced encoders like ffmpeg and mencoder, then I replaced mediainfo as well

Very good:), but with what you replaced them:unsure:?

Also the given link gives the following error:

An error occurred while loading MEGA.

Filename: blob:9352D0AD-EFD1-40EA-A713-BCCCBC83146B
Exception: Script error

Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience.

If the problem persist, please try disabling all third-party browser extensions and reload your browser. If that doesn't help, contact support@mega.nz

BrowserID: mozilla/5.0 (compatible; msie 10.0; windows nt 6.2; wow64; trident/6.0; .net4.0e; .net4.0c; .net clr 3.5.30729; .net clr 2.0.50727; .net clr 3.0.30729; malnjs)

Edited by HarryTri

Weird... the download link works for me...

I'm gonna upload somewhere else later on in the afternoon (gotta go to work now). As to the files, you'll find out when you'll download it, but I simply replaced them with executables and DLLs compiled for XP. It's not a big deal at all to make FFMPEG, mencoder, x264, x265 work in XP, as they are written in C++ and with CodeBlock IDE I can use either Visual Studio or MinGW (GCC++). Once you set everything to x86 and your target to XP, it works perfectly. I usually prefer Microsoft compiler which has no problem at all with the programs, even 'cause XP it's actually able to run the Microsoft C++ Redistributable, from 2005 to 2015. As to GCC, you won't need them if compiled with GCC. 

Oh, as to the assembly optimisation, I limited them to the SSE3, 'cause I wanted to make it run on almost every CPU. Unfortunately, in C++, once you build something, you have to choose assembly optimisation and then you are gonna be stuck with the one you've chosen as the rule "one dll per optimisation" applies. (For instance, if I wanna make it AVX 2 compatible, I have to make another dll and it won't run on processors that don't support such an instruction set). This doesn't apply with C# though, that's why I like it, but in this case they are written in C++, so... xD

Format factory is free, but it's not an open source project, although some of the components it uses are. Just think about it as an user interface which writes down commands for you. For instance, let's assume you want to open a video and encode it.

When you click "open" and select the video file, it writes down commands for you. Let's assume you imported a video and that you selected H.264 as encoder and aac as audio, then you clicked on "options" and you selected a few settings like constant quality factor and you choosed 22, profile and you choosed "high", preset "medium", audio bitrate 320.

Under the hood, format factory will write down this code for you:

ffmpeg.exe -i "video.ts" -c:v libx264 -crf 22 -profile high -level 4.1 -preset medium -c:a -b:a 320k "output.mp4"

So, it will rely on external executables like FFMPEG, which has libraries like libx264 and libaac. These, of course, have to be linked and compiled to run in XP, otherwise your program will write down the code above but won't be able to start the encode, as it will fail while calling libraries and codecs. ;)

Edited by FranceBB