Waste of time KB2919355

bookie32

Hi guys!

I do not know why Microsoft release offline updates like KB2919355....don't work. I have followed the criteria for the installation ....doesn't work... "this application cannot be applied to this" computer...

Yes, I did read the how to and try to install the KB2756872 before proceeding with the above...get same error...

I have read thread after thread with solutions...don't work!!

I have run sfc /scannow...no problems...

I was trying to save been connected to the online installer but nothing works!!

bookie32

There is a whole lot of "tentative procedures" to overcome that stupid error (or similar ones) with the stupid Update 1, noone AFAIK ever managed to pin down the exact reason why the update is failing, generally speaking it is a "mis-configuration" (in the perverted minds of the good MS guys) of the system, most "tricks" revolve around checking and "repairing" the system and services before starting the upgrade.

Here is a (possibly) complete set of steps:
https://www.petri.com/windows-8-1-kb2919355-installation-update

jaclaz

Hi jaclaz!

Thanks for the link....

Me thinks me complains too much....it makes me wonder why we bother with Microsoft at all....

One thing I haven't tested ...considering Microsoft have said once upgraded to Windows 10 you can do a clean install...

Why haven't they offered the same choice to those who started out with Windows 8.0...it would save so much time and grief!!

bookie32

38 minutes ago, bookie32 said:

One thing I haven't tested ...considering Microsoft have said once upgraded to Windows 10 you can do a clean install...

Why haven't they offered the same choice to those who started out with Windows 8.0...it would save so much time and grief!!

bookie32

And risking to be actually appreciated for making (for once) something intelligent and making customers' life easier? :w00t:

Naah, everyone would have said it was the exception that confirmed the Rule.

jaclaz

• 2 months later...
On 8/28/2016 at 0:33 AM, bookie32 said:

Yes, I did read the how to and try to install the KB2756872 before proceeding with the above...get same error...

KB2756872 is for Win8.0 only.  KB2919355 is for Win8.1 only.

I'd just install Win8.1 refresh over Win8.0 from a DVD or usb installation media that has the KB2919355 (update 1) and KB3000850 (update 3) already integrated; saves a lot of time and headaches. :D