The future of WPI

Due to the advent of recent MS practices in the past couple of years (I refuse to install windows 10) and the lack of donations\interest in WPI I am announcing that WPI, likely will reach end of support in the next six months. As some of you know I rely solely on disability to live and I can no longer afford to keep up with domain costs, pc repairs and related costs.

Sad to announce but it has been a hell of a 13 year run for WPI. In it's current form it works well and will continue to work well with legacy os's (Windows 8 and further back)

I really don't have the will or energy to keep trying to breath life into WPI when the support is just not there.

Thank you to all of those who donated in time, sweat, knowledge and support.

- Kelsenellenelvian EverDawn 

That's sad to hear. Do you think you might end up releasing it or the source under GPL or something similar, so that people may continue to use it? Or, have you considered finding another person or party to take the project over from you?

Just some ideas.

• 1 month later...

I would think about it, but the problem is there are licenses to think of here. WPI has several companies that have corporate licenses (New York Central School District, Key bank of Europe and Michigan, a university in CA) If WPI were to live on these licenses would HAVE to be honored for the rest of it's life. No matter who was continuing it. 

Maybe stop official distribution and leave the section here open for support and just kind of well, wallow?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

The web domain expires in august. I've not had any donations or interest in a very long time. I would suggest if anyone wants to archive any of the files that they do so before then. I have no intention of spending any money out of pocket to renew.