Creating a Full-Blown Compatibility Layer.

Dibya

@Dubby

Thanks my friend. Anyway i might have not told you guys my main rig with i7 2600k got broken . I ordered a new 3770k for replacement.

It heck to get back ExtenDEDXP i have asked my friend she allowed to use hdd on her pc . got the files . Let wait to see the magic.

I first started asking guys they refused help but a gal who is about 2 year old than me allowed me to do it .

Thanks Risa , It will help a lot in the project. But she asked me to make PES2016 work on Xp. DX9 game no problem.

Edited by Dibya

On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 9:28 PM, LoneCrusader said:

In all honesty guys, any attempt to extend XP's kernel and API functionality will most likely require disabling/circumventing Windows File Protection and possibly other "security" functions. I would simply accept this as a given prerequisite and just move forward... It comes down to a choice between "do I want to leave things as they are for security" or "do I want to extend the possibilities of XP?" I think you're worrying too much about this point. Most users who would be willing to use a "KernelEx" type project are power users who are certainly familiar with the risks of running "non-secure" systems. In the end security comes down to the user, regardless of what operating system they're using.

What about doing it KernelEx style and patching the system in memory at boot time, rather than modifying system files on disk? I'm not sure if this is possible given that XP is NT-based and different from Windows 9x, but I do like the KernelEx way of enabling extensions on a per-app basis and an easy way of completely disabling it at startup.

I use Mingw for years . Tugmonix i am not in home . with me currently have my grannies p3 with nt 4.0 .]

I cannt run anything. I will return today then i will try.

Edited by Dibya

Of course you can! Click on your username just below the MSFN logo at the topmost part of the page and then click on Attachments, in the drop-down menu...

No, we can't--it's still broken with no way to select or delete a file. :-(

Update: As of mid-November 2016, the Delete button has been fully restored to My Attachments and works great. Thanks, xper!

Edited by jumper

2 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

I don't have any useful information, but...
do you know if there's a way to include support for Skylake CPU's and later pc's that refuse to accept a Windows 8.1 and earlier CD?

With all due respect, even if you had got some useful info, you oughtn't to hijack, ain't it so? :angel

14 hours ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

I don't have any useful information, but...
do you know if there's a way to include support for Skylake CPU's and later pc's that refuse to accept a Windows 8.1 and earlier CD?

12 hours ago, dencorso said:

With all due respect, even if you had got some useful info, you oughtn't to hijack, ain't it so? :angel

There is a way, by flashing custom uefi bios files. They are truly risky.

So, my friends, it is better to stay away from such tricks.