Creating a Full-Blown Compatibility Layer.

Dibya

i can provide modified ntoskrnl and ksecdd.sys which is capable of running intel usb 3.0/3.1 mod by fernado but getting a generic driver is too awesome . i cannot wait .

1 hour ago, Dibya said:

i can provide modified ntoskrnl and ksecdd.sys which is capable of running intel usb 3.0/3.1 mod by fernado but getting a generic driver is too awesome . i cannot wait .

Dibya can you upload those files her?.  Also will this work in XP standard, SP1, SP2, and SP3 without additional kernel updates?

Simple overwrite those two files over my copy?

Edited by 98SE

30 minutes ago, 98SE said:

Dibya can you upload those files her?.  Also will this work in XP standard, SP1, SP2, and SP3 without additional kernel updates?

wait i will make a installer then put on ryanvm.

I have not tested extensively so i donot want to provide it to anyone as it may cause problem.

1 hour ago, 98SE said:

Dibya No installer needed.  I can copy the two files over in DOS and overwrite myself.  Let me know what link to get them.

Thanks.  I will test first USB keyboard and USB mouse.  Later I can test USB camera, Flash drive, SSD, and Hard drive also if it needs tweaking.

7 hours ago, Dibya said:

wait i will make a installer then put on ryanvm.

I have not tested extensively so i donot want to provide it to anyone as it may cause problem.

i would be happy to test it out if you want me to.

1 hour ago, Damnation said:

i would be happy to test it out if you want me to.

i will send you . I am merging PAE patch with it . 

I have fixed usb formatting issue with PAE . I found few function in sp3 kernel and hal are different than server2003 and XPSp1. Once i patched out all working 

Thanks Dibya, :worship:

Can you also create a non PAE patched version for standard XP SP3?  Just simple USB keyboard and USB mouse functionality is fine for now.  Later we can test storage devices, webcams, et cetera but those are not as important at the moment.  I just want to get a slim down driver with just a few files that replaced without affecting XP SP3 OS purity still maintaining original 3.2GB limit.  But later I will install your 128GB PAE patch version on a separate partition test.

Don't worry about OS corruption.  I have XP imaged and can restore as many times as possible and multiple computers here so no worry about getting offline as this computer is separate.  I can test all version of XP with and without Service Packs 1-4.

Edited by 98SE

2 hours ago, Dibya said:

is it alright to replace mov     edi, ds: RtlEnterCriticalSection with mov     edi, offset RtlEnterCriticalSection

what are you trying to achieve by doing that?

Just now, Damnation said:

what are you trying to achieve by doing that?

In vista code in ds: but when trying to change the adress of moved code in xp with Ida it is becoming offset