Lumia 725 to 950XL

Dibya

If you're happy with your current phone, then there's no reason to switch. I use a Lumia 520, which is fairly low end, and it does what I need it to do. The only problem is that IE11 on Windows Phone 8.1 is very unstable, and the only other alternative, Opera Mini, is even slower and buggier. I normally use a desktop or laptop for browsing rather than my 4-inch phone, so this isn't much of an issue for me.

• 2 years later...
On 9/21/2016 at 11:39 AM, CamTron said:

If you're happy with your current phone, then there's no reason to switch. I use a Lumia 520, which is fairly low end, and it does what I need it to do. The only problem is that IE11 on Windows Phone 8.1 is very unstable, and the only other alternative, Opera Mini, is even slower and buggier. I normally use a desktop or laptop for browsing rather than my 4-inch phone, so this isn't much of an issue for me.

I was considering getting a second-hand Windows Phone 7 or 8.1 and using IE 11.  Would the built in IE 11 be OK for browsing forums and the like?  I would hardly use Facebook.  I'd probably browse forums, play YouTube or Podcasts (not subscribed but just MP3s directly downloaded), and get email.

• 5 months later...
On 10/10/2018 at 5:00 PM, Jody Thornton said:

I didn't realize how old this thread was.  Is this the best place to post for Windows Phone?  I want to avoid iOS and Android like the plague.

Cannot say about iOS but your comment goes well with s***droid .

• 7 months later...
On 10/10/2018 at 8:59 PM, Jody Thornton said:

I was considering getting a second-hand Windows Phone 7 or 8.1 and using IE 11.  Would the built in IE 11 be OK for browsing forums and the like?  I would hardly use Facebook.  I'd probably browse forums, play YouTube or Podcasts (not subscribed but just MP3s directly downloaded), and get email.

I've owned a few Windows Phone 7.8 devices and as long as your ok with using the included apps (the marketplace doesn't function anymore) it runs great.

The included browser works fine with most mobile versions of websites, including YouTube, facebook etc

4 minutes ago, Jody Thornton said:

I've gotten a second hand iPhone 6s since @tailswave but that is good to know.  I take it that the metro-style interface of Windows Phone 7 is a lot like Windows 8 Metro?

The interface on 7 is basically the same as the 8 metro design, with minor changes but most things are the same

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2019 at 1:37 AM, PretzelsFox said:

I've owned a few Windows Phone 7.8 devices and as long as your ok with using the included apps (the marketplace doesn't function anymore) it runs great.

The included browser works fine with most mobile versions of websites, including YouTube, facebook etc

windows 10 mobile is pretty good aswell , there are many 3rd party apps that run better than the original for eg. MyTube , got an hp elite x3 here.