Geforce drivers for windows 2003 server?

OldSchool38

Hi guys, while I have a linux os as my main system right now, I was wanting to redo one of my other towers to play xp games on.  Since windows 2003 server (32 bit) always seemed to be a little faster in operation compared to xp, I was planning to use that-however I can't seem to find any compatible nvidia drivers to work with my Geforce 730 4gb card.  I tried the xp 32 bit versions but they wont install.  Is there any driver at all that will work with it?

Edited by OldSchool38

You have to edit .inf file.

Download Geforce Pakage

Extract it

Go to Display.Driver

open nv4_dispi.inf with notepad

find following line

[Manufacturer]
%NVIDIA% = NVIDIA_Devices,NTx86.5.1,NTx86.6.0

Change NTx86.5.1 to 5.2

Save the inf file then install with device manager

Even you can edit inf to get TitanX, GTX 1080 work on XP & 2k3

BEST OF LUCK :lol:

Okay, gave it a spin-I struggled briefly trying to get the device manager to find the thing (I unzipped it in a folder on the desktop).  Then I found the 'have disk' option and directed it to the driver file and made a successful installation!  There's no nvidia control panel, but after installing VLC, I played a dvd and a couple of video files and the graphics look good.  I'll see how gaming works out this weekend.  Thanks! :)

Edited by OldSchool38
can't spell

• 2 weeks later...

If you are running Server 2003, is it the 32-bit version, or 64-bit version?

The official driver for XP 64 bit and Server 2003 64 bit is here: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/105041

The official driver for XP 32 bit and Server 2003 32 bit is here: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/105040 (there is no Server 2003 32-bit driver)

• 6 months later...

Okay, after deciding recently to give windows a spin again, I decided win2003 server would be a good choice.  With my core 2 quad it flies in terms of startup and seems to be more responsive than xp.  I did the tweak mentioned above on the zotac driver for installation.  I tried running NvCplSetupInt.exe but nothing happens.  It's no problem though, Youtube and my games work perfectly fine! :)