Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.5.1

Ok, I have completely uninstalled the experimental build and installed v1.5 via the installer version . When I reboot to my Windows login page after entering my password and hitting enter it brings me right back to my login page and it never logs in. Twice I had to roll back to a restore point before installing 1.5 to login. This is an aeroglass issue because if I remove aeroglass I can reboot just fine.

Edited by DarkKnight

I'm not 100% sure on this but AeroGlass might not run while you're in safe mode. What you could try is installing it, then reboot to safe mode with networking. Open the registry and find the AppInit_DLLs entry that has the ModernFrame on it and try to remove it or change the loadappinit_dlls entry to 0 and then go back to normal. See how that works.

Edited by raiden89

This is probably a big newbie question, but I was wondering how to adjust the opacity?  On the original 1.4.5 version I was able to use the AeroGlassGUI to adjust the opacity & color balance with a simple slider.  But with this latest version the GUI doesn't work.  Is there a way I can adjust them through a command prompt or a tutorial that explains how to do it?

9 minutes ago, envisaged0ne said:

This is probably a big newbie question, but I was wondering how to adjust the opacity?  On the original 1.4.5 version I was able to use the AeroGlassGUI to adjust the opacity & color balance with a simple slider.  But with this latest version the GUI doesn't work.  Is there a way I can adjust them through a command prompt or a tutorial that explains how to do it?

Here you can find the new AeroglassGUI:

On 6. 10. 2016 at 6:26 AM, MrGRiM said:

The program I am using shows the blur I just have it set to 0, this one is called Black Glass Enhanced http://curiouso9.deviantart.com/art/Black-Glass-Enhanced-v0-5-15675271

You have fixed the problem before on all other releases for Windows 8 and Windows 10 after it was mentioned.

Fine, I did some tests and it was my bug.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to bigmuscle and to anyone who gave feedback to keep AeroGlass going.  I'm currently using AeroGlass 1.5 along with the new GUI, a modified default atlas on Windows V.1607 B.14393.223 and everything looks spot on.

full.jpg 

14 hours ago, raiden89 said:

I'm not 100% sure on this but AeroGlass might not run while you're in safe mode. What you could try is installing it, then reboot to safe mode with networking. Open the registry and find the AppInit_DLLs entry that has the ModernFrame on it and try to remove it or change the loadappinit_dlls entry to 0 and then go back to normal. See how that works.

Sorry for the sarcasm but if I wanted to go digging through my registry I would have installed manually and not with the installer.

Now, like I said before, there seems to be a bug with the installer version that which after installing upon reboot will not allow you to login, after logging in the login page just re-appears again, you never log in. I have had to twice roll back to a restore point where this version of Aeroglass was not installed to be able to log in.

I am running Windows 10 x64 1607 Build 14393.222

1 hour ago, DarkKnight said:

Sorry for the sarcasm but if I wanted to go digging through my registry I would have installed manually and not with the installer.

Now, like I said before, there seems to be a bug with the installer version that which after installing upon reboot will not allow you to login, after logging in the login page just re-appears again, you never log in. I have had to twice roll back to a restore point where this version of Aeroglass was not installed to be able to log in.

I am running Windows 10 x64 1607 Build 14393.222

Could it be that you are having problems that are theme related, if you are using ThemeSignatureBypass and also ModernFrame.dll and use the uninstaller then it may remove the AppInit_DLLs settings and that would leave your system unpatched to use a custom theme, if you then rebooted windows will not log in, this is another reason why I use Uxstyle along side ThemeSignatureBypass.

46 minutes ago, MrGRiM said:

Could it be that you are having problems that are theme related, if you are using ThemeSignatureBypass and also ModernFrame.dll and use the uninstaller then it may remove the AppInit_DLLs settings and that would leave your system unpatched to use a custom theme, if you then rebooted windows will not log in, this is another reason why I use Uxstyle along side ThemeSignatureBypass.

Ok, I re-installed ThemeSignatureBypass and against my better judgement installed Uxstyle, installed Aeroglass 1.5, signed out and back in and seems to work although I haven't performed a full reboot yet.

Question though ..... if uninstalling the previous version of Aeroglass uninstalled the AppInit_DLLS why would the new version of Aeroglass not see it and re-install it?

Hello, I have a problem. After installing version 1.5 I have a problem with ms edge browser. The minimize an close buttons at the top right of the browser stop working, no matter how much I try to close or minimize it, only way to close edge is alt + f4. I have uninstalled glass and the problem goes away. Running w10 rs build 222

I added a photo so you can see what I mean. None of the 3 buttons do anything

Untitled.jpg

Edited by surcix
picture added