Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.5.1

1 hour ago, surcix said:

Hello, I have a problem. After installing version 1.5 I have a problem with ms edge browser. The minimize an close buttons at the top right of the browser stop working, no matter how much I try to close or minimize it, only way to close edge is alt + f4. I have uninstalled glass and the problem goes away. Running w10 rs build 222

I added a photo so you can see what I mean. None of the 3 buttons do anything

You have to minimize and maximize the window several times from the taskbar, try it.

Edited by carlitosoo555

I don't have any problem with the Edge buttons running 1.5 and 14393.222 but I did notice that if I add bigmuscle's current debug version of modernframe the buttons totally disappear.  Also, that debug version of modernframe doesn't work in Edge for rs1 (no aeroglass) but the old modernframe for th2 worked in Edge in th2 (had aeroglass there).  Hopefully the final modernframe for rs1 will work for me in Edge.

Edited by genecooper

Congrats on the release, Big Muscle.

Please feel free if you'd like to include my RoundedCorners and/or RoundedCornersNoExtraColor theme atlas file sets with your released package or share the links on your web site.  Apparently a number of folks like them.

FYI, a small visual glitch I still see is a slight darkening of vertical areas near the ends of the title bar.  The width of the darkening varies as per the Blur effect radius setting.  I suspect somehow you've told the GPU to blur a dark or fully opaque pixel in there somehow.  It's not a very big deal.

TitleBarEndDarkening.png

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

8 hours ago, genecooper said:

I don't have any problem with the Edge buttons running 1.5 and 14393.222 but I did notice that if I add bigmuscle's current debug version of modernframe the buttons totally disappear.  Also, that version of modernframe doesn't work in Edge like 1.46 worked in threshold2 (no aeroglass).

After installing glass on my laptop and finding out that the problem doesn't appear on it, I made a comparison of the files in each AeroGlass folder and I found out that there was a old ModernFrame.dll on my desktop pc. Removed de dll , reinstalled glass and now everything is fine with Edge. Sorry to bother you with my mistakes, thanks for your help genecooper for giving me the idea.

Have a nice day !

opps i posted in the wrong forum, i jsut downloaded and installed aeroglass v1.5 and installed it on win10 rs1 version 1607

it seems to work fine but there is a watermark on the lower right corner that says aeroglass for win8.1

i was trying to figure out how i get rid of that and the people atr virtual customs said i should come here and ask so

i made an account and here i am lol   any help you people can give me would be truely appreciated

Quasi

Screenshot (6).png

9 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

opps i posted in the wrong forum, i jsut downloaded and installed aeroglass v1.5 and installed it on win10 rs1 version 1607

it seems to work fine but there is a watermark on the lower right corner that says aeroglass for win8.1

i was trying to figure out how i get rid of that and the people atr virtual customs said i should come here and ask so

i made an account and here i am lol   any help you people can give me would be truely appreciated

Quasi

Screenshot (6).png

You have to go to Support section on Aero Glass site and follow instructions there.

Thanks DAVEO76......... i donated and followed the instructions on how to generate and get the keycode, but the instructions stopped there,

unless i missed something, i tried to open the keycode and win10 wouldnt open it and asked about finding a prog to do it

i am totally lost now, i have no clue how to use the keycode, do i open it with the aeroglass program itself?

my other question is , when i went to the key generation page it says i can generate 4 keys i have 2 different computers

i use the aeroglass on do i need to donate for each machine, or do i jsut generate a new keycode using the machine number

that aeroglass gave me when i installed it?   i have 2 computers one is mostly jsut used for streaming videos to my tv in place

of having cable and the other i use for most everything else, they are both jsut personal use.

any help you can give me here would be totally appreciated

Quasi

Feed the Machine ID from each system into Big Muscle's web site and you'll get a download.key for each one.

Place the download.key file in the same folder as DWMGlass.dll, then log off/on.  Simple as that.

-Noel

2 hours ago, NoelC said:

Feed the Machine ID from each system into Big Muscle's web site and you'll get a download.key for each one.

Place the download.key file in the same folder as DWMGlass.dll, then log off/on.  Simple as that.

-Noel

ok great i will still make another donation on the aeroglass because i appreciate all the work he has put into it , i jsut wasnt sure if it was needed for each computer i have or my donation bought 4 key codes for any machine i wanted to use them on.  thanks again for all your help

Quasi

1 hour ago, Locutus2002 said:

I encounterd a bug. When in battery mode, only the blur effect is disabled, but transparency is still active.

I have no idea whether that's intentional, but without spending the GPU cycles needed to combine adjacent pixels (blurring) whatever miniscule power savings there can be HAS been accomplished.

Also bear in mind I have NEVER come across any objective evidence that blurring taskbars and borders uses enough additional power to make ANY measurable difference in battery life.  I'd just leave it on if I were you.

-Noel