xp fresh install not working correctly.

mar6

Hello,

i installed xp to ibm t30. Downloaded about 120 updates if i remember right, installed drivers, firefox.

Im not 100% sure, but i think that problems started after video driver install. I have tested different t30 video drivers but problems are still same.

Problems:

If i turn laptop on, then it goes to welcome screen, then stays there about 30 sec, then comes empty blue screen. One way is to end explorer and start it up again in task manager and other way is to shut down computer from power button, then take out battery/charger and hold down power button about 15 sec then put battery and charger back and press power button and then laptop goes to desktop without freeze in welcome screen.

But that is not all. If i make right click on my computer icon, select properties then nothing happens about 1 minute or more. I same time opened add/remove programs window and it was blank white. Then suddenly my computer properties window opened, add/remove programs window started populating items and in bottom right came notification that i dont have antivirus. I havent installed it yet, maybe it makes harder to solve this mess.

I have made sfc /scannow with cd and windows worked ok until next restart. And sometimes it just shuts down when i want to make restart. Then it does not start until i take off battery and make same things like i wrote earlier.

Before that mess i havent used that laptop about 3 months, and it had no OS installed. Before that i have used that laptop many years without problems and have installed same xp to it many many times. But i didnt find my old drivers so i downloaded those from internet.

Are those symptoms driver related ?

Sorry for bad english language.

Yes. i have tried that driver.:unsure:

Update:

And sometimes it just shuts down when i want to make restart. Then it does not start until i take off battery and make same things like i wrote earlier.

I think i solved that problem. I turned volume on and hear beeping sound. Problem was memory or motherboard. I changed memory and above problem went away.

If i remember right then i changed memory on that laptop before i stopped using that laptop for 3 months. Putted memory in, booted to bios and putted it to self.

But explorer still hangs after welcome screen.

Can the problem be that i installed xp with that incompatible memory and now xp (explorer) is corrupt?

Sorry for bad english.

Edited by mar6
New info.