Installation of driver in windows 10 through WinPE

arunraja

I installed my network driver in WinPE using Drvload <inf-path> command.How to connect my device to Access Point in WinPE?Whether we can see GUI like Device Manager?And also how to check ping option?

If anyone know just reply me.

13 hours ago, arunraja said:

Hi,

Just use the following command.It will automatically installs the driver in offline windows.

Dism /image:<path_to_image> /Add-Driver /Driver:c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows\driver.inf

Yes and no.

The above seems to me like servicing an image, not an offline install.

jaclaz

By using that command we can install the driver on offline Windows.If you run that command all driver packages were copied to driverstore.After reboot to Windows we can see our device working properly.

Hi Tripredacus,

You replied me that I use NirSoft's DevManView to get a Device Manager on WinPE:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/device_manager_view.html

But this is not working on WinPE 5.x.

It showing the following message:This version DevManView.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.

Anyone text me the solution...

Hi all,

I have enabled wi-fi manually(by using switch on Laptop).But if i run "ipconfig /all" command not displaying wireless LAN adapter wi-fi.And "netsh wlan show drivers" command also not working.

Please tell me the answer..Are we have to add something to the WinPE image?

10 hours ago, arunraja said:

By using that command we can install the driver on offline Windows.If you run that command all driver packages were copied to driverstore.After reboot to Windows we can see our device working properly.

I know that.

You posted: "/image:<path_to_image>"

that would service a (mounted) image, what you actually used was "/image:<path_to_offline_install>", as a matter of fact you used  "/image:D:", or *something* like that.

What EXACT command line did you use?

About Devmanview, if you used the 32 bit version, you need the 64 bit one, if you used the 64 bit one you need the 32 bit one:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/device_manager_view.html

32 bit:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/devmanview.zip

64 bit:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/devmanview-x64.zip

jaclaz

6 hours ago, arunraja said:

It showing the following message:This version DevManView.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.

Are you using the binary appropirate for your WinPE architecture? I haven't seen that message before.

Hi jaclaz,

I did use same command given in msdn website.

And now DevManView working properly.

Thanks all.

Can anyone tell me the answer for following:

I have enabled wi-fi manually(by using switch on Laptop).But if i run "ipconfig /all" command not displaying wireless LAN adapter wi-fi.And "netsh wlan show drivers" command also not working.

Please tell me the answer..Are we have to add something to the WinPE image?

5 hours ago, arunraja said:

I did use same command given in msdn website.

NO, you didn't.

The site is about servicing an image.

You either serviced an image OR you serviced an offline install, if you did the latter, you did NOT point the DISM to an image but rather to a path to this offline install.

The question I asked you (and that you are perfectly free NOT to answer to, of course) is WHAT EXACT command line did you actually TYPE?

It is not difficult, and I don't really care about it, I am only trying to make you understand how:

"I did that installation successfully."

"Dism /image:<path_to_image> /Add-Driver /Driver:c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows\driver.inf"

"I did use same command given in msdn website."

are VAGUE reports that won't be of use for someone else with the same or similar problem, they only add some noise on the internet.

Can you post the EXACT command you used?

jaclaz