lost bootable media, has the contents of the media, how creat a new bootable media

Nikon1234

Hi.

I need your help here. I have owned a Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5139 for more than 5 years. In the course of the ownership, I did several time to set the computer to out-of the box condition. This was easily done by using a partition on the computer's hdd. Recently, I created an reboot media (a 16GB flash drive), then I did a reboot from this created media, it was successful. Howerve it deleted my original factory image from the computer's hdd. At this time I thought of to make a safe measure. I copied my first bootable flash drive to a second 32GB flash drive. Unfortunately, I lost the first bootable media. I tried to boot my computer to the factory condition from this 2nd flash drive, but failed. Every time it brought me to the normal window. My total size on this 32GB flash drive is 9.xx Gb. I checked the main components are in an folder: image. The files are the following:

exclude: type is configuration settings. 1kb
PREINST.CRC: CRC File 9,401 kb
PREINST.SWM: SWM File 638,792 kb
PREINST15.SWM: SWM File 540,789 kb

Is it possible to make a bootable drive from these 16 SWM files?

thanks.

Dan

image2.PNG

image1.PNG

Let me just say that the problem is the following: The flash drive usually has FAT32 as file system and when you copy the recovery partition to it the one several GB xxx.wim file that it contains is split to these several .swm files. If you join them to make the initial xxx.wim file you are (?I am not sure that this is always enough) done. Surely jaclaz knows more about it.

Of course the question is how to join them, maybe extracting the files they contain and use them in another way is more feasible. I write this post without having read the ones that jaclaz points to, I don't have the time now. Anyway these are just my thoughts...