Burn DVD to play on TV as well as computer

mike13

I copied 24 short video clips from my camcorder to my computer. They show up on the computer as   SDV_677.MP4  through  SDV_700.MP4    I was able to burn these short videos to a DVD using Nero Burning Rom 10.  These short videos do play back on my computer when I insert the DVD into the DVD burner in the computer. However...if I put this DVD disc into a JVC DVD / VCR recorder / player that I have hooked up to my TV, they do not play. How can I do this ??   I have Nero burning Rom 10 and Nero Vision Xtra on my computer, in addition to VLC and Windows Movie Maker.  Many thanks, Mike

Yes first idea is you just made a data disc instead of a video DVD. Has happened to many others when you go to burn an ISO and instead of having a disc image, you have a disc with a disc image on it as a file.

The second is that some players may not like certain types of discs. It was for a long time that DVD-R were best to use for video and DVD+R were best for data. Some players don't care about the type of disc but some do.