Celeron N2830 (any way to install xp on it?)

Kmuland

Hi guys!

Here a die hard XP user!!

Recently I got a laptop with a Celeron N2830. I have tried many sata drivers to avoid the BSOD 0x0000007D error when installing.. but I wasn´s succeed.

1) Anyone was lucky installing XP on these Celeron NXXXX machines? Which drivers are you using to enable the installation without the BSOD?

2) There are any Intel HD graphics driver available for XP? I see that only 7 and up are available from Intel.. but I wonder about tweaked/unofficial ones.

Currently I´ve been forced to install win7 and it is really a pain and slow compared with the smoothness of XP

I hope that someone will help with this driver..

I really hate using a slow OS in a new machine. Its funny but my crappy netbooks running xp are more snappy than 7 and upper OSes.

Dybya... Thanks so much for the reply and help.

Im in your team. XP cannot die just cause "it is very good OS" , M$ want to sell new OSes and brands need to sell new hardware.-

Edited by Kmuland

6 hours ago, Kmuland said:

I hope that someone will help with this driver..

I really hate using a slow OS in a new machine. Its funny but my crappy netbooks running xp are more snappy than 7 and upper OSes.

Dybya... Thanks so much for the reply and help.

Im in your team. XP cannot die just cause "it is very good OS" , M$ want to sell new OSes and brands need to sell new hardware.-

NO way to stop XP , XP fans are increasing. Next year you may have . Samuka already backported it but some issues he donot wish to share. Slightly unstable.

do you have IDE mode in your laptop?

2 hours ago, Kmuland said:

Ill wait for the next year then ...

Please understand how the "next year" Dibya mentioned in this case means "an undetermined time in the future", it may be 1 month or 10 years :w00t: and could even mean "never" :ph34r:.

In other words you should have a "plan B".

Which specific, EXACT make/model is it? (with this info - maybe - some modded BIOS or *whatever* alternative solution can be looked for)

If there is not already an existing and tested solution to the issue :dubbio:you could think - just as an example - about selling it and procure yourself a surely compatible laptop.

jaclaz

6 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Please understand how the "next year" Dibya mentioned in this case means "an undetermined time in the future", it may be 1 month or 10 years :w00t: and could even mean "never" :ph34r:.

In other words you should have a "plan B".

Which specific, EXACT make/model is it? (with this info - maybe - some modded BIOS or *whatever* alternative solution can be looked for)

If there is not already an existing and tested solution to the issue :dubbio:you could think - just as an example - about selling it and procure yourself a surely compatible laptop.

jaclaz

Samuka is having msahci driver i believe he will release next year.

modded bios? I donot thing that will change the sata ic inside the board.

1 hour ago, Dibya said:

modded bios? I donot thing that will change the sata ic inside the board.

The onboard SATA controller MAY support IDE mode just fine but the option to change it is just hidden by the BIOS. Laptop BIOS are usually garbage with very few options. It may be possible to reenable the hidden options IF there are any... :unsure:

May be worth a visit to BIOS Mods...

@jaclaz 
@LoneCrusader

Very good idea about the plan B and try a BIOS mod.

COMPUTER SPECS

- PackardBell (an Acer brand). Model EasyNote ENTF71BM. Celeron N2830. Intel HD graphics.

Changing SATA to IDE would solve the BSOD problem ... later maybe Intel HD graphics could cause trouble. About USB3 I can change to USB2 in BIOS to avoid lack of USB3 drivers problem

7 hours ago, Dibya said:

Yep, together with the true story about the Dallas thing. :)

I do understand your enthusiasm and expectations, but here we are not talking of - say - a display driver with some graphical glitches, the storage subsystem is one of the main components of an OS and having it in any form less than 100% reliable would be  - though nice - not usable.

When (if) there will be  such a thing, at 100% level of reliability, then it will take some more time to get it actually tested to 110%, and then - maybe - it will be something that you will be able to recommend as a solution.

When you reply to people asking for a solution to a problem, it is not the same as when we are talking of experiments, these people have a REAL problem and - ideally - should be suggested REAL solutions or at least possible paths that they can take, not "wait some time and the solution will likely appear", you shouldn't ask people  to sit idly waiting for something that will (may) happen making an act of faith in what you believe.

JFYI, all SATA chips should have the "double" way of working (SATA+IDE) and the limitation could be the BIOS, particularly on laptops for *whatever* reason manufacturers tend to take an otherwise perfectly working BIOS[1] from one of the handful BIOS providers and senselessly modify it removing loads of options in the name of either simplicity or convenience (the real reason being IMHO usually sheer incompetence or lazyness).

jaclaz

[1] this does not apply to Insyde BIOS that are usually crappy from the start :whistle:.

43 minutes ago, Kmuland said:

@jaclaz 
@LoneCrusader

Very good idea about the plan B and try a BIOS mod.

COMPUTER SPECS

- PackardBell (an Acer brand). Model EasyNote ENTF71BM. Celeron N2830. Intel HD graphics.

Changing SATA to IDE would solve the BSOD problem ... later maybe Intel HD graphics could cause trouble. About USB3 I can change to USB2 in BIOS to avoid lack of USB3 drivers problem

Try editing inf of HD gfx driver if it doesnot work otherwise go for universal vesa / vbe graphix

18 minutes ago, Dibya said:

Try editing inf of HD gfx driver if it doesnot work otherwise go for universal vesa / vbe graphix

He CANNOT BOOT XP right now! :realmad:

When (IF) he will able to boot, then - maybe - he will have a problem with video drivers (or maybe not).

Really you should take some time reading the posts before replying to them and when you reply to them, you should probably consider how your suggestions should be:

1) understandable
2) be reproducible (provide some references)

Your suggestion above will sound a lot like Vogon's poetry to most people (here is a snippet so you will be able to appreciate the similarities).

Gashee morphousite, thou expungiest quoopisk!
 Fripping lyshus wimbgunts, awhilst moongrovenly kormzibs.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

2 hours ago, jaclaz said:

He CANNOT BOOT XP right now! :realmad:

When (IF) he will able to boot, then - maybe - he will have a problem with video drivers (or maybe not).

Really you should take some time reading the posts before replying to them and when you reply to them, you should probably consider how your suggestions should be:

1) understandable
2) be reproducible (provide some references)

Your suggestion above will sound a lot like Vogon's poetry to most people (here is a snippet so you will be able to appreciate the similarities).

Gashee morphousite, thou expungiest quoopisk!
 Fripping lyshus wimbgunts, awhilst moongrovenly kormzibs.

jaclaz

I have written it if he ever able to boot he can try . Thats all my thought.

I know he cannot boot as he mentioned . I simply shared my  views if there any problem with gfx go for blah blah methode for shake of getting it work.

uniata may work http://alter.org.ua/soft/win/uni_ata/

Edited by Dibya

On 12/14/2016 at 7:21 PM, Kmuland said:

2) There are any Intel HD graphics driver available for XP? I see that only 7 and up are available from Intel.. but I wonder about tweaked/unofficial ones.

Try the Intel 6.14.10.5398 XP drivers. They may just work, but they may also require some igxp32.inf tweaking.
And Dibya is right. UNIATA ought to work. But you need to use the F6 method or slipstream it. Look for how to do that, and you're all set!