What's Your Anticipation Level?

NoelC

3 hours ago, mikedigitize said:

It is now 50 versions ago I was using any prerelease (14936-14986) and it because boring christmas days. Anyway checked out the 3d-paint and found it totally useless. Happily I found a register setting to make it look normal again, BUT that scewed up Explorer_exe some how so now if I try any app (like settings) I got one of this:

this setting should have DWORDsettings (1) to work... btw!

That's strange, I used Winaero Tweaker to bring back the classic paint on build 14986 and I had no problem:

2554a2a6f1b782d2ec11d86a3e555517b732714d

Edited by carlitosoo555

Actually not a bad thing, this "explorer.exe fail" ; I got rid of a lot off uwa stuff + I got Dexpot (really love that program) to work properly!!

I downloaded winaero to see if ther where a way to get rid of edge icon an taskbar, but didn't find any... yet!

CJSZPLb.jpg

Edited by mikedigitize
a word

Hi guys!

Happy New Year to all of you:D!

I guess you know where I am on NoelC's scale....I would like to believe I could end up on a 5 but just don't see it at the moment....so I will stick with 1....

The trouble this piece of s*** has caused me and my customers still gives me nightmares.....

A serious new resolution for 2017 would be Microsoft ditching this crap and trying to regain the trust an loyalty of their customers and that isn't likely to happen.....oh well....I can dream can't I?

bookie32

6 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

With all these different tools to change Windows 10 look, is it still possible to use gradients on title bars?

Left to right or top to bottom?

I can put a slight top to bottom gradient into the theme atlas resource - e.g. to make the window chrome look like it's lit from the top, but even that is starting to look wrong because of the way Big Muscle has to composite the various translucent portions.  With such a gradient it becomes a bit ugly at the left and right ends as I recall.

I don't know of a way to make a left-right gradient.

-Noel

I ticked a two boxes in aerotweaker. First "Disable lock screen"; what a relief! Finally! I never understood the meaning of that on a desktop or laptop. Second "Disable live tiles" And think it's got a snappier startup over all...  

FmhWV4l.png

Edited by mikedigitize
forgot pics