DWMGlass dll issues with Explorer

dacrone

When I register the DWMGlass dll file (on 2 different PCs), it disables my Open Command Prompt and Open Windows PowerShell options in the Explorer File Menu. Once I unregister the dll, all works normally (on both). Anyone else notice this?

Screenshot (11).png

I cannot confirm DWMGlass.dll has any effect on those options whatsoever. Registered or not, if starting point in Explorer is This PC before navigating anywhere else, they will remain disabled until navigating to an actual folder/drive on PC. You can't cd to This PC from command line I think. And it's logical since they're meant to open the command line in directory you're currently in. And if it can't use that, it uses last valid location from navigation history (back/forward buttons).

1 hour ago, UCyborg said:

I cannot confirm DWMGlass.dll has any effect on those options whatsoever. Registered or not, if starting point in Explorer is This PC before navigating anywhere else, they will remain disabled until navigating to an actual folder/drive on PC. You can't cd to This PC from command line I think. And it's logical since they're meant to open the command line in directory you're currently in. And if it can't use that, it uses last valid location from navigation history (back/forward buttons).

True :)