Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Katsinwater

Aero Glass for Win8.1+ v1.5.2

16 posts in this topic

I installed the latest Aero Glass for Win8.1+ v1.5.2 this past week, and a couple of cumulative updates came in as well.

All of a sudden my Start Menu would not pop-up, my Volume bar is not working and my Action Center won't pop up either

I have been uninstalling the Cumulative updates to determine which one specifically is causing the issue

Edited by Katsinwater

What version of Windows are you running, and which update?  I don't have any issues, but I am on the new Insiders Preview build 15007.

@Katsinwater It's not about Windows, it's about a specific bug in DWMGlass.dll, see here

Edited by Klamatiel

This version still has the bug with debug.log being created in root of C drive, seems to happen when aerohost.exe starts, easy to reproduce by stopping and restarting it via Task Scheduler. Can also be triggered by registering/unregistering DWMGlass.dll, regardless of whether aerohost.exe runs or not.

Edited by UCyborg

@dhjohns: I'm currently running Windows 10 x64bit / Version: 1607 / OS Build: 14393.693

The cumulative update I unistalled is: (KB3213986) but after rebooting while Aeroglass installed the issue was still happening.

@Klamatiel: I am going to go ahead and test that this morning, thanks..!

@UCyborg: Will take that under consideration.. 

Edited by Katsinwater

@Klamatiel: I went ahead and checked the permissions for DWMGlass.dll and it already had the "Read & Execute" and the "Read" permission, I believe it was...

I went ahead and gave it "Full Control" rebooted and now I am not having that problem any longer..!

Excellent Eye, and thanks... it's good that you caught Big Muscle's response to that issue, and that he posted it...

Have a Great 2017 everybody..!!!

You're welcome, i had the same issue :P

Hi I am new at this forum but I am using aeroglass for a while. I have an issue at this version

Screenshot (19).png

how can I solve this?

Hi,

i have the same problem as furyzer0.
I was using version 1.5.1 and everything was fine.

When i installed version 1.5.2 the text in the titlebar is too far left. So the beginning of the text is behind the icon.

Ttilebar.jpg

Must be a regression. I can reproduce the bug with text being too far to the left by turning off caption glow effect. Use atlas image options work correctly.

AGTextCaptionGlowOn.png

AGTextCaptionGlowOff.png

UCyborg: thank you for discovering the cause of the problem. I didn't test the situation without glow effect.

Is http://www.glass8.eu/ down? I cannot access that web site this afternoon and I was wanting to generate a new donation.key file.

Looks like it. Can't access it neither.

It's back up again.

19 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Must be a regression. I can reproduce the bug with text being too far to the left by turning off caption glow effect. Use atlas image options work correctly.

AGTextCaptionGlowOn.png

AGTextCaptionGlowOff.png

I found that fixed the problem for me as well.