Aero Glass for Win8.1+ v1.5.2

I installed the latest Aero Glass for Win8.1+ v1.5.2 this past week, and a couple of cumulative updates came in as well.

All of a sudden my Start Menu would not pop-up, my Volume bar is not working and my Action Center won't pop up either

I have been uninstalling the Cumulative updates to determine which one specifically is causing the issue

Edited by Katsinwater

This version still has the bug with debug.log being created in root of C drive, seems to happen when aerohost.exe starts, easy to reproduce by stopping and restarting it via Task Scheduler. Can also be triggered by registering/unregistering DWMGlass.dll, regardless of whether aerohost.exe runs or not.

Edited by UCyborg

@dhjohns: I'm currently running Windows 10 x64bit / Version: 1607 / OS Build: 14393.693

The cumulative update I unistalled is: (KB3213986) but after rebooting while Aeroglass installed the issue was still happening.

@Klamatiel: I am going to go ahead and test that this morning, thanks..!

@UCyborg: Will take that under consideration.. 

Edited by Katsinwater

@Klamatiel: I went ahead and checked the permissions for DWMGlass.dll and it already had the "Read & Execute" and the "Read" permission, I believe it was...

I went ahead and gave it "Full Control" rebooted and now I am not having that problem any longer..!

Excellent Eye, and thanks... it's good that you caught Big Muscle's response to that issue, and that he posted it...

Have a Great 2017 everybody..!!!

Hi,

i have the same problem as furyzer0.
I was using version 1.5.1 and everything was fine.

When i installed version 1.5.2 the text in the titlebar is too far left. So the beginning of the text is behind the icon.

Ttilebar.jpg

19 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Must be a regression. I can reproduce the bug with text being too far to the left by turning off caption glow effect. Use atlas image options work correctly.

AGTextCaptionGlowOn.png

AGTextCaptionGlowOff.png

I found that fixed the problem for me as well.