Nvidia 1000series GFX drivers

burd

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, Windows 2000 said:

This driver does NOT work on any Nvidia GTX 1000 Series video card. Moreover, there isn't even a string for any Pascal graphics card in the .inf file.

Well, isn't yours a GTX 1050Ti (whatever that means)?

From the page:

Supported cards :

GeForce 1000 series:

GTX 1080, GTX 1070, GTX 1060

So, not entirely unexpected. :dubbio:

jaclaz

On 4/20/2017 at 1:02 AM, Windows 2000 said:

This driver does NOT work on any Nvidia GTX 1000 Series video card. Moreover, there isn't even a string for any Pascal graphics card in the .inf file.

why dont you try the older ones?

1 minute ago, jaclaz said:

Which older ones? (out of curiosity)

Do you have a link to them (or a version number, etc.)?

jaclaz

just at the left of the link ive given is the full order list of all the older ones

eg . 361 below

Edited by burd

2 hours ago, burd said:

just at the left of the link ive given is the full order list of all the older ones

eg . 361 below

Yep :), I know, just asking if there was a specific  "preferred" one, like "try 361, not 355.73".

The "361 page" does not even list any 10xx series card:
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/NVIDIA/NVIDIA-GeForce-iCafe-Graphics-Driver-36177-for-XP.shtml

seemingly the only one with:

GeForce 1000 series:

GTX 1080, GTX 1070, GTX 1060

is the 368.91 page you gave in your first post.

Since Windows 2000 could not find any reference to those cards, it is likely that it is a mistake/a glitch in the matrix.

jaclaz

2 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Yep :), I know, just asking if there was a specific  "preferred" one, like "try 361, not 355.73".

The "361 page" does not even list any 10xx series card:
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/NVIDIA/NVIDIA-GeForce-iCafe-Graphics-Driver-36177-for-XP.shtml

seemingly the only one with:

is the 368.91 page you gave in your first post.

Since Windows 2000 could not find any reference to those cards, it is likely that it is a mistake/a glitch in the matrix.

jaclaz

i will look into this matter and see if i can find alternative drivers,lets hope we can find working ones :)
 Did you try to manually add strings in the inf? just to confirm

Edited by burd

20 hours ago, burd said:

i will look into this matter and see if i can find alternative drivers,lets hope we can find working ones :)
 Did you try to manually add strings in the inf? just to confirm

I have not any of those card, sorry for the possible misunderstanding I created, the "Windows 2000" I was referring to was MSFN member "Windows 2000", not the OS "Windows 2000", let alone "my" "Windows 2000" OS install (that runs when - nowadays rarely - I use it on a good ol' mini-ITX VIA motherboard and its on-board graphic card).

I guess we could state that MSFN member "Windows 2000" chose not the most original (nor the least distinctive) username. ;)

jaclaz

5 hours ago, jaclaz said:

I have not any of those card, sorry for the possible misunderstanding I created, the "Windows 2000" I was referring to was MSFN member "Windows 2000", not the OS "Windows 2000", let alone "my" "Windows 2000" OS install (that runs when - nowadays rarely - I use it on a good ol' mini-ITX VIA motherboard and its on-board graphic card).

I guess we could state that MSFN member "Windows 2000" chose not the most original (nor the least distinctive) username. ;)

jaclaz

i didn't get confused or anything as such,i was just asking if he had tried modding the inf a bit and trying to add the card. :)

Even then adding to the question,shouldn't xp drivers work for windows 2000 ?

Edited by burd