Kaspersky System Checker (Free)

Monroe

Came across this article about Kaspersky System Checker. I had not heard of it and probably have no need of it since I'm using WinXP ... but there is a review here and it may be of interest to someone with a newer OS ... he mentions Windows 10.

Kaspersky System Checker – A Short Review

https://davescomputertips.com/kaspersky-system-checker-a-short-review/?utm_source=wysija&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Weekly+Recap+Newsletter

The Kaspersky System Checker (KSC) is a free and portable utility. Free and Portable are two of my favorite words, especially when used in the same sentence.

I downloaded this little beauty, tried it out, and would like to share my experience with you.

Downloading Kaspersky System Checker

Admittedly, I had a bit of a problem finding KSC on the Kaspersky Site. It’s probably obvious to anyone else, but it is buried under the link at the top of their Home Page labeled Free Security Tools. Scroll down a bit and you’ll see it prominently displayed.

They don’t call me “Lightning” for nothin’. A friend of mine was kind enough to point out one day that they don’t call me “Sunny”, either. When he saw the confused look on my face he told me it meant I wasn’t that bright. I have since forgotten his name.

Let’s move on, shall we? Put the KSC launcher in a folder of your choice and run it. When I first ran KSC a window popped up saying there was an update, so I let it update. It didn’t take long and we were off to the races.

Note: KSC creates a sub-folder with a little over 70MB of stuff in it. I thought I should let you know beforehand.

Running Kaspersky System Checker ...

.... there are pictures and more information at the above link.

This is the page with the Kaspersky FREE SECURITY TOOLS & APPS

http://free.kaspersky.com/us

Edited by monroe
spacing