ATTO Disk bench for Win95

Comos

Hi all,

does anyone have a ATTO disk bench version,that runs under Win95? I have managed to get a version 2.41, which runs on my 98SE, but due to the Is_Debugger_Present call Im not able to run in on my OSR2.

Thanks in advance !

If I remember correctly I believe that particular call can sometimes just be patched to something else that is the same length and is present under 95.
Somewhere there was a discussion of it but it's slipped my memory.
"GetCurrentProcess" is the suggested replacement function.
Here are the relevant links:
This could make more software Win95 compatible.
SysInternals Forum
Another solution

• 5 weeks later...
On 18. 1. 2017 at 9:20 PM, LoneCrusader said:

If I remember correctly I believe that particular call can sometimes just be patched to something else that is the same length and is present under 95.
Somewhere there was a discussion of it but it's slipped my memory.
"GetCurrentProcess" is the suggested replacement function.
Here are the relevant links:
This could make more software Win95 compatible.
SysInternals Forum
Another solution

Thanks for the tip. I managed with PE Tools to replace the call, so it runs now on my Win95OSR.However it would be better to edit the whole import table and remove that call completely.Is there a way how to proceed with this?

6 hours ago, Comos said:

Thanks for the tip. I managed with PE Tools to replace the call, so it runs now on my Win95OSR.However it would be better to edit the whole import table and remove that call completely.Is there a way how to proceed with this?

There is probably a way, but I don't know how unfortunately. :}

On 18. 2. 2017 at 3:54 AM, dencorso said:

Hrm... maybe ImportPatcher?

That looks promising, however Im not able to patch it on my host system.When I patched it, the IsDebuggerPresent is still there.Then I made a log for a check and it seems there's a problem with checking the USE32.DLL?

Don't know, if the patcher has a problem with my CZ version, or an issue with my USER32.DLL.Check the log, what's your opinion on that.

Bench3#.log

would be even nicer if we got crystaldiskmark to work on 95 osr 2.5, it's the only benchmark i've found that can do 4k queue depth 1 speeds for random read and write that can work on 98SE or newer but not 95 osr 2.5. atto i think only goes down to queue depth 2. there is as ssd, i remember getting it to work on 98SE ( 95 osr 2.5 did not work ), though it performed a bit buggy and extremely slow in giving results in 98SE so i got rid of it and just used crystaldiskmark, as ssd seems to work better on windows 2000 and newer from my experience.

i originally wanted to use and keep as ssd since from what i observed, it's benchmarks measure more of the worst case scenario so i like to use that approach more when accessing the performance of the drives as i noticed as ssd will almost always give lower results compared to crystaldiskmark. hd tach 2.61 isn't bad as i mentioned it in the other thread jaclaz linked to, though it only measures sequential speeds i believe which isn't what i care about too much. 

I have been also trying crystal and I think it would be a same patch like on Atto.Altough the sources are available,maybe someone can rebuild it? Same case for CrystalCPUID.Im able to run it, but it reports Sysinfo.dll not found, dunno why, when the dll is in the same dir.

> I managed with PE Tools to replace the call, so it runs now on my Win95OSR.
Good job. That's it, you're done.

> However it would be better to edit the whole import table and remove that call completely.Is there a way how to proceed with this?
No and no.

@Comos: Your ImportPatcher log file indicates you didn't click the [ Patch ] button after supplying a replacement string for IsDebuggerPresent. I do see the garbage strings further down in the log. IP seems to be having trouble reading Shell32.dll's import table. I'm looking into it. Thanks for the report!

Edit:
Importing from SHELL32.dll
  TimeDateStamp: 2017 Jan 17 15:08:39

It looks like the modded version of Shell32.dll you ran through ImportPatcher is not completely valid. Please try again with the original file to see if the problem is with ImportPatcher, PE Tools, or another tool that hacked the file back on January 17. Thanks.

Edited by jumper

On 25. 2. 2017 at 3:32 PM, jumper said:

@Comos: Your ImportPatcher log file indicates you didn't click the [ Patch ] button after supplying a replacement string for IsDebuggerPresent. I do see the garbage strings further down in the log. IP seems to be having trouble reading Shell32.dll's import table. I'm looking into it. Thanks for the report!

Edit:
Importing from SHELL32.dll
  TimeDateStamp: 2017 Jan 17 15:08:39

It looks like the modded version of Shell32.dll you ran through ImportPatcher is not completely valid. Please try again with the original file to see if the problem is with ImportPatcher, PE Tools, or another tool that hacked the file back on January 17. Thanks.

Okay.The Shell32 that Im using was a updated one,that somebody did here some year ago.I just found a last version,that I ran on 17th of Jan.I'll downgrade and let you know.