Need specific IE 11 version

seskanda

Hello

Anyone know a way to get a specific version of Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7? The problem for me is the one on Microsoft's site 11.0.20 refuses to work with an ActiveX plug-in I use. I tried with a clean install and no other add-ons, and it still gives me "an add-on for this website failed to run." But, on another PC with IE 11.0.18 it installs fine. How to find IE 11.0.1 to 11.0.19 instead?

Thanks in advance

Edited by seskanda

Not sure why nobody responded to this thread. But, does anyone know which files must be copied over from the PC that has IE 11.0.18 to the one with IE 11.0.20? I'm thinking if I replace them it will turn IE 11.0.20 into 11.0.18, right?

22 hours ago, seskanda said:

Not sure why nobody responded to this thread. But, does anyone know which files must be copied over from the PC that has IE 11.0.18 to the one with IE 11.0.20? I'm thinking if I replace them it will turn IE 11.0.20 into 11.0.18, right?

just the folder itself

Appreciate the links, abbodi1406. The first one is 11.0.20 as I already tried that. The last one is an .msu file which will not work without IE 11.0.17 or below installed first AFAIK. As for the .cab files, have not tried them yet, but can probably use the files inside to replace 11.0.20. I'm still not sure where to put all the files anyways.

5 hours ago, vinifera said:

just the folder itself

Which Internet Explorer folder? The one in Program Files(x86) or Program Files? Yes, i'm using Windows 7 x64 so IE is x64 also. Are you sure no need to replace files or folders elsewhere, i.e. in /Windows/System32?

Edited by seskanda

both as some tabs will run in *32 mode
system32 is no longer tied to IE as it used to with vista and xp
but OS itself does use IE folders (since OS still uses its elements)

Edited by vinifera