Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Cixert

2 TiB limit size in MBR hard drives

Tripredacus    286

Ok for this one, I followed the instruction to update the VIA SATA RAID controller device in Device manager and browsed to the folder that only has uataxp.inf in it. It did not change the VIA device but instead put a flagged device into Other devices. I then installed the driver for that, and now under System there is a UATA Virtual Communication Device. That driver is in the root of the Release folder of the driver download. The instructions do not mention having to install this device.

This particular computer does have the IDE controller also, but the only thing connected to it is a DVD drive.

Now having rebooted with this UATA driver installed, it doesn't seem to make any difference. It still shows the inaccessible drive (now E) in My Computer, and the same "healthy" extent sized volume in Disk Management.

jaclaz    927

WHICH folder?

There is a folder \XP\ containing readme_xp.txt, uata_xp.inf, uata_xph.inf in my copy. :unsure:

Check device manager.

Devices By Connection view.

jaclaz

Tripredacus    286

Yes I had moved the INFs to different folders because it specifically says to use one vs the other depending on the controller. So I moved the H to a different folder so Windows could only pick the INF I wanted.

10.  enter path to .INF file for new driver

If this is usual onboard IDE controller, use
        C:\temp\uniata\Release_Dist\uata_xph.inf
    If this is IDE RAID controller or additional PCI IDE controller, use
        C:\temp\uniata\Release_Dist\uata_xp.inf

So since this is a "VIA SATA RAID" controller, I didn't want Windows to try to use the uata_xph.inf so I took it out of the folder.

IQoS5Wkl.jpg
direct link: http://i.imgur.com/IQoS5Wkl.jpg

FWIW, I did also try to use the xph driver on there, but it added about 6 flagged devices and all of them had the "not enough free resources" message in device properties.

jaclaz    927

I don' t know, but clearly the installation didn't go through correctly, the UNIATA replaces the VIA RAID controiller, it is not a "child" of it.

There is no need to move the .inf, only you need to select the "right" one.

But you can try installing differently.

Try following this (seemingly completely unrelated) and remame the uniata driver:

[redacted]

Or remove the VIA driver, force the install of the plain MS one (I presume it is compatible anyway) and start again from there.

jaclaz

Edited by Tripredacus