MS Edge is not returning back even after OS reset

shibu

I used CMD script to uninstall edge but i am not returning it back after resetting windows 10.

can you help someone?

Hi friends

I will explain what happend to me.

i downloaded one zip file uninstall_edge.zip, then there is one cmd file  i ran it as administrator after that i din't get my edge back even after windows reset.

i have attached that cmd file with this.

if any one get solution plz help me. 

thank you for your reply

Uninstall Edge.cmd

install_wim_tweak.exe

Edited by shibu

Laughs are laughs, but I have a feeling we are having some language barrier here, powered by a sort of panic.

shibu, please, give us more details about what happened, including detailed information of what script did you use, and someone should be able to help you :)

15 hours ago, xpclient said:

Hey please share that script to permanently get rid of GarbEdge! It doesn't come back even after Reset? The script must have removed the appx package and manifest from the base WIM.

Awesome ! I liked the name GarbEdge . please suggest ms to rename edge GarbEdge . I hope they will put such name on Redstone 3

Hi friends

thank you for your reply 

the problem started like this i want to uninstall edge from my computer for that i got a solution from web that is download uninstall_edge.zip file and then i ran uninstall edge.cmd as administrator, then it removed ms edge from my computer.

then i want to install my edge again ,none of the solution fixed my problem ,at last i resetted my PC by clearing the the drive ,i removed all my personal file in the drive also, but edge is not returned back.

can anyone help me.

Uninstall Edge.cmd

install_wim_tweak.exe

• 4 months later...

Probably too late for the OP now, but for anyone searching who finds this:

Method one: Simply wait for the next "feature update", it'll come back.

Method two: Google "download windows 10" and follow the first result at Microsoft.com,  then follow the instructions to create install media and reinstall using it.

The above is needed because the removal method also removes it from the wim which is used if you simply reset windows, so you need "unmolested" sources to get it back, either by creating fresh install media, or waiting for updates to deliver a new build, at which point Microsoft will reinstall pretty much everything you worked hard to get rid of, and disrespectfully change many setting you set explicitly.

Personally I'm quite liking edge once ublock-origin is added, much more useable than IE in win 10 (though I don't like it enough to let it be my *default* browser Opera gets that honour).