Program to Capture or Extract Audio From a File

Monroe

For several days I have been searching for a nice free program to extract a small portion of audio from an .avi file ... wanted about two minutes of the audio in this file. Tried several (many) free programs but they always have the better version with 'everything' only if you buy it. Of course there's nothing wrong with that but I like to search for programs that might be available before going that route.

I kind of gave up for a day and then came across the perfect program ... it does exactly what I wanted. I can extract to the second exactly what I want. Many programs I tried didn't allow an exact starting and ending time ... for example ... start: 7 m 12 sec and end 9 m 12 sec. This program allows that and the .mp3 sound is great in the headphones. There may be other programs out there but I have stopped looking since my find.

There is no help file but it was easy for me to figure out after about 5 minutes. I downloaded the 'portable version' ... works just fine with Win XP or a newer OS. At the second link they do not list XP as working but it does with the portable version but other sites do list XP. Also at the second link there is a Quick Start and a Tutorials link but as I said earlier ... it's easy to work with, if I can figure it out then everyone can do it. The free program has no ads or junk included ... at least in the portable version. I haven't come across anything so far.

Quick start: How to use the Pazera Free Audio Extractor
Tutorials: How to convert AMR files MP3, How to convert Ogg files to MP3.

Pazera Free Audio Extractor v2.4 (December 3, 2016)

Pazera Free Audio Extractor is an absolutely free application that extracts audio tracks from video files without loss of sound quality or convert them to MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA, FLAC, OGG or WAV format. The application supports all major video formats (AVI, FLV, MP4, MPG, MOV, RM, 3GP, WMV, VOB and other), moreover, allows the conversion of music files, so it can be used as a universal audio converter. GUI for ffmpeg.

Version 2.4 (03.12.2016)

Now program is also available in a 64-bit version.
New conversion engine (FFmpeg) and multimedia information library (MediaInfo).
New output formats/codecs: M4A - ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec), WavPack, AIFF.
Better support for FLAC files.
Additional navigation buttons.
Ability to set a prefix and suffix for the names of the generated files.
New visual style: Cobalt XEMedia.
Improved compatibility with Windows XP.
Minor bug fixes and enhancements.

http://www.videohelp.com/software/Pazera-Free-Audio-Extractor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pazera Free Audio Extractor 2.4

Extract audio tracks from video files to MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA, OGG, FLAC, M4A, WV, AIFF or WAV. Universal audio converter. AVI to MP3, FLV to MP3, AVI to WAV, FLAC to MP3, Ogg to MP3, SHN to MP3.

http://www.pazera-software.com/products/audio-extractor/

Pazera Free Audio Extractor is an absolutely free application that extracts audio tracks from video files without loss of sound quality or convert them to MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA, FLAC, OGG, M4A (AAC/ALAC), WV, AIFF or WAV format.

In addition, the program allows you to split input files based on chapters (often found in audiobooks).

The application supports all major video formats (AVI, FLV, MP4, MPG, MOV, RM, 3GP, WMV, WebM, VOB and other), moreover, allows the conversion of music files, so it can be used as a universal audio converter.

The program has a number of predefined settings (profiles) specially designed for novice users. While more advanced users can customize audio encoding parameters used by encoder: audio bitrate, sampling frequency, audio channels, audio volume. The application allows to extract/convert full audio track or selected range only.

The Pazera Free Audio Extractor interface is very simple and user-friendly. To extract audio tracks from video files, just drag & drop them into main window, select proper profile from list, and click the Convert button. If the audio quality is poor, increase audio bitrate.

... just to add, the nice thing about this program is that you can set the exact time in seconds to start and stop ... you can even use milliseconds to really be exact. I had downloaded another good working program but it only had a 'slider bar' to set start and stop times ... and it was always about five seconds early or late in that respect.

Edited by monroe
spell, added