XP on Gigabyte Z97X

Even if I will not use XP as my default program, I need to have an installed one on a separate HDD to run some programs that only run in XP.

Such programs run on Win 7 or 10, but with bugs, and don't get the job done.

Installing went fine, as IDE instead of AHCI. But I can't get an ethernet driver for XP. 7 or 10 drivers give error, so I'm stuck here.

Suggestions on how to make it work?

Edited by Carlos Martinez

Z97? Wildcat Point? Socket 1150. Haswell or later. Not a great choice for XP, much less for XP Home, IMO.
Somebody will tell you "of course you can do it", and it's true (sort of), but it'll be a lame duck, believe me...

Realtek ALC1150? I doubt it might have an official driver for XP... and no USB 3.0 driver either.
If you're using XP just as a secondary OS, XP-mode in a virtual machine over 7 x64 is your best bet.
Or even use just the XP-image from XP-mode (which is XP Pro!) on Oracle VirtualBox over 7 x64 (it rocks!).

Of course this XP arrangement will be secondary, even tertiary!

It might even turn up that I do not use it. The program I planned to use with it seems to be running fine now, so that wouldn't be urgent either.

But XP was the best and less buggy Windows I ever used, so there might be a soft side for it there

I never used a VM, so I do not how it would work for me. I will find out about it.

The audio is fine and running great. Ethernet is not, and that seems to be an unsolvable question.

Your board has 2 PCI slots, so the simplest solution would be to give it a good old VIA VT6105 (10/100Mbps) Fast Ethernet Card (available for about US$ 5 on Mercado Livre). If your internet access is not above 100Mbps, you might disable the onboard Ethernet and use the VIA card for all your setups...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2017 at 4:22 AM, Carlos Martinez said:

Of course this XP arrangement will be secondary, even tertiary!

It might even turn up that I do not use it. The program I planned to use with it seems to be running fine now, so that wouldn't be urgent either.

But XP was the best and less buggy Windows I ever used, so there might be a soft side for it there

I never used a VM, so I do not how it would work for me. I will find out about it.

The audio is fine and running great. Ethernet is not, and that seems to be an unsolvable question.

have you tried moding inf ? For me i got killer Ethernet is working by moding Ar-ethos driver for XP, same may need to be done with you .

can i have the device id ?