The fastest windows 10 on earth

Lucifer1945

It has nothing to do with what we think, rather the governments for the countries our users and the website is in. I was not around when rule 1 came into being, so I cannot say whether is was just decided on or if it came into being due to a reaction for something. The redistribution portion certainly did come in as a reaction to something. Xper decided it is better to just not allow unauthorized redistribution rather than having to constantly deal with other companies' legal departments.

36 minutes ago, Tripredacus said:

It has nothing to do with what we think, rather the governments for the countries our users and the website is in. I was not around when rule 1 came into being, so I cannot say whether is was just decided on or if it came into being due to a reaction for something. The redistribution portion certainly did come in as a reaction to something. Xper decided it is better to just not allow unauthorized redistribution rather than having to constantly deal with other companies' legal departments.

Think I'll do what OP did, and just make the ISO be off the site, but accessible through a hyperlink on the site I post here

• 4 weeks later...

The first half of this thread is toxic as hell, wtf.

As for the whole piracy thing, typically - redistribution or usage of a product you don't hold rights/proper licence of to redistribute = illegal in most aspects. Same goes for FOSS too, depending on the licence (like the GPL, think the XCP rootkit scandal which illegally reused GPL'd code).

I'm not a legal expert but this is roughly what I make of it on both the free, FOSS/OSS and commercial side of things.

Edited by MintChocAero