Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.5.3

33 minutes ago, MDJ said:

Thank you!

Try running CMD as administrator.

Thanks for your suggestion. Before you replied back I ended up uninstalling aeroglass and then reinstalled it by using "setup-wrs-1.5.3.exe" and replaced the file "DWMGlass.dll" from "rs2_15063_904_x64dbg.7z". Then aeroglass worked on apps.

13 hours ago, daveo76 said:

Does "DLL tool to bypass UXTheme signature verification" still work for Windows 10 Creators Update

With UxTSB.dll in the AeroGlass directory and DWMGlass.dll registered, voila...  This is an Aero7 theme I've had for a while.  Note the rounded buttons.

ScreenGrab_W10VM_2017_06_08_210135.png

-Noel

On 8. 6. 2017 at 10:00 AM, MDJ said:

Try running CMD as administrator.

Right, I forgot about that.

On 9. 6. 2017 at 9:11 AM, daveo76 said:

You using Aero Glass Theme Atlas.

He has Aero 7 theme loaded, that's where skinned UI controls come from (see the appearance of elements inside Aero Glass GUI tool). But he overrode theme atlas image with this own.

You still can't switch to unsigned theme with Settings app though unless you manually inject UxTSB.dll in SystemSettings.exe with Process Hacker. Or use old personalization dialog: explorer.exe shell:::{ED834ED6-4B5A-4BFE-8F11-A626DCB6A921}

The bug with TextGlowMode set to 3 (Caption glow effect mode set to Use theme settings in GUI) not functioning according to documentation (size set to 0 should take value from .msstyles) is still present and it renders a bit odd unless caption is centered, look at the left side:

TextGlowMode3LeftSide.png.bf5b6e54e82942995993c8fe35b2d18f.png

It looks as if it there's no space for part of the glow on the left side so it begins abruptly.

The functional issue with UWP apps in fullscreen mode with standard frame buttons being inaccessible has been resolved, but there's an issue with left side of window frames, where there's back button in Settings app, functionality is intact.

I also believe a nice addition for Edge users would be unifying title bar and tab bar.

PS: 99% of this thread is off-topic! :D

Edited by UCyborg

I don't know if it's enabled Safe Boot or what but UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll didn't work for me. UxStyle in some Windows 10 versions work, in some don't (for me it currently doesn't) so I gave up on it too. I just ended up patching required .DLLs with UltraUXThemePatcher, have been doing this for years, it always does the job. One just needs to use caution before bigger system updates (temporarily switching to default VS). Anyway, Windows Update is always stuck on 0 % at downloading so I won't have to pay attention to that. Since Windows 8 I've been facing some kind of strange issues from time to time but latest releases are considered as the future vision of Microsoft so I just deal with this by spending some time on fixing the newly born issues.

It's not UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll that you want to use with Win 10 v1703 and this newest version of Aero Glass for Win 8+.  It's UxTSB.dll.

See the details in the list of files I'm showing in my screen grab a few posts back.

-Noel

2 hours ago, UCyborg said:

The bug with TextGlowMode set to 3 not functioning according to documentation is still present and it renders a bit odd unless caption is centered, look at the left side:

TextGlowMode3LeftSide.png.bf5b6e54e82942995993c8fe35b2d18f.png

Hm, interesting.

I'm not seeing that issue, at least not as much.  Is it because I've lowered the height of the title bars to 15 (e.g., via WinAero Tweaker) and my icons are smaller?  Something to do with the particular theme I've chosen?

Note by comparison:

AGNotice.png

-Noel

On 2017-06-09 at 5:51 PM, NoelC said:

It's not UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll that you want to use with Win 10 v1703 and this newest version of Aero Glass for Win 8+.  It's UxTSB.dll.

See the details in the list of files I'm showing in my screen grab a few posts back.

-Noel

Did you get the file from UxTheme Signature Bypass thread from @bigmuscle's comment (page 8) I quoted below? By directly browsing http://glass8.eu one is only able to get UxThemeSignatureBypass*.dll.

On 2016-10-22 at 10:56 PM, bigmuscle said:

And now a small thing for those who like experiments:

http://glass8.eu/out/UxTSB-2016-10-22-dbg.7z

Important info for this build:

1) Install Aero Glass (and stop it from Task Scheduler, or just kill aerohost.exe process)
2) Replace DWMGlass.dll and aerohost.exe with files from this archive
3) Put UxTSB.dll into the same directory
4) Remove old UxThemeSignatureBypass DLL from registry, i.e. do NOT use AppInit_DLLs method!!!!
5) Start AeroGlass (from Task Scheduler)

It is experimental debug build to remove dependency on AppInit_DLLs! It may be unstable! It may corrupt your OS install! It displays the debug console!

Do NOT use if you don't want to use experimental stuff!

Of course, when trying this out I only placed UxTSB.dll into my installation directory as other files must be outdated for using with Creators Update. The way I did this it didn't work. Any suggestions?

I don't remember where I got UxTSB.dll.

All I can suggest is to try to match the size/date on the files I'm showing in my screen grab.  The set of files I have do seem to all work together nicely for Win 10 v1703.

-Noel