Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.5.3

6 hours ago, NoelC said:

I can only imagine some folks are talking about released Windows versions while others are talking about pre-release Windows.

Aero Glass only supports released versions of Windows.  People of course TRY it with the insider versions, with varying consequences.

-Noel

ERwhtac.png

7 hours ago, Dan___ said:

Interesting, for my system the People & Calculator apps are now mat black with zero transparency and are not affected by the blur effect radius.

Windows version?

Check Settings > Personalization > Colors

jYzVYp3.png

Edited by Tusticles

First, I should think anything regarding Win Ver. 1703 Creators update ( Aero Glass 1.5.4 ) should be posted to an appropriate topic. This topic is for Win Ver. 1607 ( Aero Glass 1.5.3 ). Secondly, Information regarding the Win Version and build need to be included or stated in some form so the issues can be trouble shot accordingly. Of course in general discussions or comments Win Ver. etc. may not be necessary. I myself am not to Win Ver. 1703 yet. The efforts and work individuals put in using and debugging advanced Win versions or insider builds is greatly appreciated but need to be posted appropriately for clarity. Just my opinion.

Win Updates.jpg

Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.5.5
Windows 10 (version 15063.540) Release version

Photo, Edge, People & Calculator apps now have no Min/Max/Close buttons on the taskbar and zero transparency.
Right Click can still be used to activate these functions which is a good comprimise while MS rolls out Fluent Design.

I will continue to post on this Topic until BM creates a new topic for later versions.

1 hour ago, Dan___ said:

Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.5.5
Windows 10 (version 15063.540) Release version

Photo, Edge, People & Calculator apps now have no Min/Max/Close buttons on the taskbar and zero transparency.
Right Click can still be used to activate these functions which is a good comprimise while MS rolls out Fluent Design.

I will continue to post on this Topic until BM creates a new topic for later versions.

It's amazing to finally be able to get hold of a stable release but I'm having some issues with universal apps. In Settings app, back button stops working from time to time (hovering over it no longer even highlights it. I haven't tried yet to test Calendar and similar other apps which happen to make use of the same button). Although, this is more usable than what we've had before. Another problem is that some of universal apps have lost their titlebars (for instance, Calculator, Edge). I tried manually registering DWMGlass.dll but it didn't seem to do anything.

T7VxaVe.png

17 minutes ago, MDJ said:

Another problem is that some of universal apps have lost their titlebars (for instance, Calculator, Edge). I tried manually registering DWMGlass.dll but it didn't seem to do anything.

Edited by carlitosoo555

I managed to make version 1.5.5 work on those applications that use Acrylic in its titlebar like Calculator, Photos, Paint 3D etc, also on others like Edge and Onenote, I sent a message to Bigmuscle informing him how I did it.

bb9e1488ce650b78881987975313f36f01fe4fae

63c07aff18a836c62c26df881d47540f705e404b

20c831188a02d0c9e169047076abf2e1eb0386f2

Edited by carlitosoo555
Images

Version 1.5.5 installed and runs fine, once I get logged-in.  No interest in Apps here, though it would be cool if it were possible to color and back the titles on ribbon-enabled windows like we once could.  Note the Bowpad editor window at the center-right doesn't have the right title coloring.

Win10CreatorsEditionDesktop.png

-Noel

6 hours ago, carlitosoo555 said:

I managed to make version 1.5.5 work on those applications that use Acrylic in its titlebar like Calculator, Photos, Paint 3D etc, also on others like Edge and Onenote, I sent a message to Bigmuscle informing him how I did it.

How about to share with the rest of us? :)

I tried downloading the symbols for ApplicationFrame but it did not seem to make a difference.

5 hours ago, tmaxx said:

How about to share with the rest of us? :)

I tried downloading the symbols for ApplicationFrame but it did not seem to make a difference.

Download Applicationframe.pdb with this method:

It seems that this method has worked for several people, I used another method that involves using a third-party tool to activate Aeroglass on those apps.

P.S. I tried downloading Aplicationframe.dll and it also works.

Edited by carlitosoo555

6 hours ago, Tusticles said:

Same, I just don't want these apps to be touched by aero glass...

https://streamable.com/kivow

You use it or not it's an integral part of Windows 10 so Aero Glass must work correctly everywhere. Some people make use of universal apps more, some people less, nevertheless, all shall be content with their user experience.