Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.5.3

Out of curiosity, what's the build date of 15063?  Look at the files in the C:\Windows directory for example.  I'm guessing it's not even weeks old yet, and it's certainly only been known to users on the fast ring for what, a few days?

You folks do realize that Big Muscle has to figure out what Microsoft did by looking at the machine code, right?  Aero Glass doesn't use all documented interfaces.

-Noel

2 hours ago, NoelC said:

Out of curiosity, what's the build date of 15063?  Look at the files in the C:\Windows directory for example.  I'm guessing it's not even weeks old yet, and it's certainly only been known to users on the fast ring for what, a few days?

You folks do realize that Big Muscle has to figure out what Microsoft did by looking at the machine code, right?  Aero Glass doesn't use all documented interfaces.

-Noel

Build date is 1703

4 hours ago, NoelC said:

-Noel

Here U go:

u1KUUhs.png

Would be nice if people bothered to read the whole thread, it hasn't grown into a super long thread. There was a hint on the first page that the Creators Update compatible version is in the works, it'll just take a while.

4 hours ago, daveo76 said:

Build date is 1703

So it'll turn to 1704 when it releases.

Edited by UCyborg

Actually I was looking for the exact time and date the software was actually built from sources.  Look at the Modification dates/times on the system .exe files to see that.

It will tell us, in light of the numbers in the colored boxes above, how long Microsoft actually tests software before they send it out to the masses.  I'm guessing it's only weeks, if even plural.

-Noel

6 hours ago, NoelC said:

Actually I was looking for the exact time and date the software was actually built from sources.  Look at the Modification dates/times on the system .exe files to see that.

It will tell us, in light of the numbers in the colored boxes above, how long Microsoft actually tests software before they send it out to the masses.  I'm guessing it's only weeks, if even plural.

-Noel

rs2_pro.jpg

Edited by genecooper

1 hour ago, UCyborg said:

Is it just me or do the executables have random future timestamps in the PE header?

Win10_15063_Timestamps.png.075ccb480fa4aa713510ff3a213a0b3a.png

Sorry for off-topic... Which program gives that properties of file? It's not standard windows dialog, isn't it? 

Edited by CKyHC

I've been experimenting with upgrading a Windows 10 version 1607 (build 14393.969) system (in a VMware VM) to the Creator's release, version 1703 (build 15063.0).

It looks like it's going to be prudent to fully disable Aero Glass for Win 8+ entirely (and switch back to the default Windows 10 theme if you've been using another one via UxTSB.dll) BEFORE installing the upgrade.  I've been testing with Aero Glass 1.5.3.872 installed on the system prior to the upgrade.  I had some black screens, a lot of dump files appearing in the AeroGlass directory, and some weirdness bling sounds at startup and "Other user" being shown on the login screen if it's not disabled first.

LOL, my test system went from 41 processes running and 99.31% idle time with 1.02 GB of RAM used to support an empty desktop to well over 100 processes running right after installing the Creator's update.  Part of that is because Microsoft seems to have split out almost all the services into separate svchost instances, but there's a LOT of bloatware added back into the system too.  Of course now comes the task of trimming it all again.  Sigh.

-Noel

Updated also directly to Win 15063.0 and had no problems on screen. AeroGlass simply off and some .dmp files inside AeroGlass folder (one for every windows start).

Aeroglass working on build 15063.11:

4f61fe0712b7f0efe78f7cb4f634bdf33b7d9d5c

Also, as something curious to mention, look at how the AeroglassGUI tool modifies the blur level of the Groove app in this build, is another use to add to this excellent tool :thumbup

74e0a052e4ba41c5af17665739a3159c96c5107f

Edited by carlitosoo555